tuner pipe for 99 elite

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Weighing in on Gears

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Variator changes may be necessary if the Factory gear ratio is decreased - made "taller". The variator "shift" curve needs to be delayed so that the bike can contend with accelerating through the taller gears using the variator's ratio until groundspeed is sufficient. Lighter weights than stock - which are often 10 grams - accomplishes this. So does substituting a stronger Contra spring.

Nobody seems to be able clearly to explain which to do when, and advantages/disadvantages of each approach. I believe they produce virtually the same effect. If you get down below 4grams and still not enough RPM to drive the gears, it's time for a Contra spring.

Until then it's a lot easier to swap rollers than to replace the spring in the clutch, even with the right tools. I'm currently using 5.6 gram rollers and a stronger-than-stock Contra spring.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
OKC
Goped
Goped

Post by OKC »

So I think I am gonna hold off on the new gears. What tuner pipe do guys suggest I get and where is the best place to get it.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

can go 45mph w/ stock motor,s pulley/ramp mod,49cc motor 12:1 gear, s pipe,no washer. I weigh 115lb.
OKC
Goped
Goped

Post by OKC »

that is probably due to your weight. I am just looking for some advice on the best tuner pipe for my elite
OKC
Goped
Goped

Post by OKC »

so which pipe should i get?