this is marc

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

this is marc

Post by tazland001 »

whats up fellas, marc's in the house. I am glad you like my kit. And thanks for watchin my back. You guys wait "the time of the spree is here" soon for upgrades anyways. got that from return of the king. hehe
Right now I am in the designing process for making a 47mm kit for the spree, and a gear ratio upgrade to make the spree do 55mph easily with just two items. I saw that pick of that sick(nice) pipe one of you made from the pocket bike. That is the perfect size expansion chamber for this 44 mm kit. I bet with that pipe and the 44mm kit you could probally hit 44mph easily. That pipe did looked kinda low to the ground. What was the ground clearence on that pipe? I might be ineterested in sending one of those to my makers to see if they can mass produce those. Would be nice to see a racing pipe for the spree.
Now back to the 47mm kit I am designing. I might have to design another shroud as well, because the cylinder will be much fatter, and I have to have long fins to keep it cool. We will see in about two months when the first prototypes are made avalabe for testing. The gears and cylinder kit is always the most inexpensive way to upgrade without massive noise. would be fun to race cars to each light and watch peoples jaw hit the ground when your spree smokes that a##. hehe
Marc
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

Well. i've heard nothing but good about your bore kits. and i was just about to sell my spree until i heard about this bore kits, and the other parts you're working on making.

One question however, instead of on Ebay, how much would you sell a bore kit on here?

Thanks very much

~toboggan
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

I agree, a .net discount would be pretty sweet.
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

dio powar'd spree's have lotsa fun draggin cars at lights :P
projects galore :nerd:
noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: this is marc

Post by noiseguy »

tazland001 wrote:...I saw that pick of that sick(nice) pipe one of you made from the pocket bike. That is the perfect size expansion chamber for this 44 mm kit. I bet with that pipe and the 44mm kit you could probally hit 44mph easily. That pipe did looked kinda low to the ground. What was the ground clearence on that pipe? I might be ineterested in sending one of those to my makers to see if they can mass produce those. Would be nice to see a racing pipe for the spree.
The pipe sat at the same height as the stock muffler believe it or not. The main fitment issue that I had was getting it close to the fan intake; it took some trial and error to get that right when fitting a pipe not originally meant to fit. This won't be an issue with a pure custom design. I think I have the pipe dimensions written out, somewhere. KeithW also has a pipe design that I'm sure he'd be willing to share.

One change I would make on that pipe, esp. for a larger bore, would be to bump up the downpipe size. The stock Spree downpipe is 19mm ID and was used on the Highway Speed Pipes; a 50cc bike really wants a 25mm ID, and possibly larger for more displacement. For a larger kit, a 25mm ID would probably be the minimum required.

Look forward to seeing the 47mm kits. Will these be modified AF05 (Elite) kits?
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products
playabarz
Noob
Noob

Post by playabarz »

Great kits Marc,

Thanks for all the help,
Now that the spree is broke in and im hitting 30+ MPH. I think the next step is the tune pipe, and the sb50 reeds. I was thinking also has anyone tried to change the clutch springs?? Anyways after that the next thing would be the belt.
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

jstone wrote:I agree, a .net discount would be pretty sweet.
yeah. i know his starting price on ebay is 75$. I just don't want to fight with people and end up paying 100$

.net discount also sounds great!
SprEE*MP*
Spree
Spree

Post by SprEE*MP* »

WOW... a 55mph Spree...if thats possible I'll keep my Spree, but the way its looking now is im selling it right when i can afford a real street bike...
-1984 Spree,
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

Thanks for the welcome to your page for starters.

You where wondering if was going to use AF05 elite. No that will not be the case. This will be a brand new design. There are going to be some major challenges to get a 47mm on a spree. The cylinder walls need to be thicker and still fit into the case. And also a shroud needs to be designed or modified to fit the new cylinder. You also addresed the exhaust manifold. This will be ported a little bigger for more air flow. I am sure you port freaks out there are just gonna love that. But you will still have your dremmel out grinding and polishing your ports to perfection. Now about the muffler, lets just cut to the chase. I want a muffler and I am willing to trade and barter for it. So what do you want for a prototype sample??????? The faster I get one the faster everyone can enjoy one. Don't hold up progress. hehe
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

about the discount. I will get back with you guys on that. What do you think is fair? 10% ,15%, or 20% off. Make sure your answers are rational.

Marc
toboggan
Elite
Elite

Post by toboggan »

I'd think 15% off of your starting price of 75$ on ebay would be fair for a .net discount. But in the end its up to you. this is just my opinion

Thanks!!

~toboggan
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

I'm not sure what is a fair discount. I was really just thinking that a good set price would be awesome, rather than having to bid on ebay to get one, and never knowing what you're really going to pay.

About the exhaust, I have one of noiseguy's speed pipes that I would be willing to lend to you, maybe a discount on a bore kit in return? I'm not sure if thats what you were looking for or not, but its all I have.
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

discount and muffler

Post by tazland001 »

Ok here is the price for cylinder kits. I cannot sell them for under $75. So if anybody wants one they will be 80$ that is 20% off the buy it now price. You can take your chances on the bidding also. Now that is totally fair. But it will still cost 10 for shipping. That is 90$ for the total. I wish I could sell them cheaper but I cant. And this deal is only good for people who are members. If you are a member up to today you can get the deal. If you are a member that signs up after today (may 17th 2009) you are out. I dont want people to take advantage of this and join just to get the kit and disapear. I do want to be taken advantage of.

And about the muffler, whoever can get me and expansion chamber muffler that noisman has made I will send you a free kit and you will get the first muffler that rolls off the assembly line for free. Send me a pic first.
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

Wow! That discount is awesome...but now I need to start being careful w/ my money again to save for performance Spree parts, thanks a lot ;)

Just a couple questions for you, if you don't mind:

Do you have any idea how much the bore + gear kit will cost?

Have you thought about making a variable front pulley for the Spree? That would be a HUGE performance gain, but can it be done?
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

variator

Post by tazland001 »

yah i have thought of a variater, but one thing at a time. I am not sure if that can be done. But I will try when the time comes. You know I think I might have an idea that will work now. I will play around in my shop today and see what I can come up with. See the elite e has the same crank shaft as a spree, and the elite e(pal) has a variator with rollers that might fit. hmm. I am very curious now to see if it works.

I am not sure what the price will be on the gears. With a expansion chamber muffler+gear ratio+ upgrade44mm kit will get you probally get up to at least 45 to 50mph. That sounds like a winning formula.
ty
marc