Super Duper Aero Scooter

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Super Duper Aero Scooter

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

Just don't make it any lower than a spree(or its a suicide machine).
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

I originally was thinking of stretching the frame to get the ride position I wanted (move the bars and footpegs forward) but after seeing a photo of the Honda Bite, I think I can just move the seat further back. It would be a lot easier.

Opinions?
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

I think that would be your best bet. No need to mess with HondaSan's frame design :mrgreen:
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Mine's an '87 NB50 Aero with the SE/05 block.

Back Wheel: I got a rear wheel from eBay reportedly off a 2003? Metropolitan. Tubeless rim and valve stem. 95mm brake drum. Bolted on, once I figured it was necessary to deflate the rear tire to thread the axle in.

Front Wheel: On the advice of several, I found a 95mm front brake panel off a 2000 Elite, which was also bolt-on. With that in place, my wheel from a 2001 (?) SR was also Bolt-0n. The brake is slightly better than the 80 it replaced. I can stop more than once now...
Lord have mercy. You guys and your acronyms. Sometimes you refer to a bike by its name, sometimes by its model number, sometimes by its engine model number. I never know what the * you guys are talking about half the time.

A 2001 SR? SR what? :lol:
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

94-01 Honda Elite SR 50. SR is the model of Elite. I think they came in LX,S, and SR
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Did this build die, or is it posted under a different thread now? I sure would like to see the final product, and the process to get there.
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

Fishman43 wrote:Did this build die, or is it posted under a different thread now? I sure would like to see the final product, and the process to get there.
I'm with you.