Keli questions

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

01EliteSR
Goped
Goped

Keli questions

Post by 01EliteSR »

Seriously thinking about buying the keli variator pulley from DayWot. So what if any parts do i need to reuse from mu stock setup. I was just asking so i can order these stock parts if they need replaced. I don't want to have the pulley and then find a stock piece that is bad. Also this just entails removing the stock pulley and replacing the stock with the Keli right? What improvements will I see. Top speed, low, mid, high acceleration?
IT's A Honda.
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Re: Keli questions

Post by turtle13 »

not to thread hijack, but I have a related question that is worth asking at the same time.
I am awaiting the arrival of the keli variator, and figure i should change my belt at the same time. Is it worth while in getting a slightly longer belt when I replace it, so it can ride higher up the drive face thus getting a little higher top speed?
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
'78 50 special Vespa Small frame
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

oh, and I was under the assumption that it came with out the ramp plate and you need to re-use the old one.
'85 aero Malossi BBK w/ Malossi gears, Malossi head, Polini Ruckus Vari and Malossi Wild Lion exhaust
'62 125cc Honda cub
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Post by SpyderMike »

it dosent come w/ a ramp plate or the little V shaped aligners

dont know about different belt length
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

you will reuse your ramp plate, ramp plate guides and drive boss. if you find a belt that is slightly longer, please let us know! i replaced the belt on my nb powered sb50, and got a bunch of top speed back! you will see improvements all around, 5mph more top speed, better acceleration.
01EliteSR
Goped
Goped

Post by 01EliteSR »

Yeah just replaced the belt last week because it snapped. Just happened to be looking at how many people recommend this upgrade and thought i'd do it.
IT's A Honda.
Wheelman-111

Keli = Nice Upgrade

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The Keli is a nice upgrade, especially with the OKO or SEF ramp plate. Remove and discard the grease cover. Run 8-9 g rollers on a near-stock bore and lightly lube only the 3 ramp guides. Round off the sharp edges of whichever ramp plate you choose and the rollers will last longer.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by burnt_toast »

wow sucks that it doesnt include ramp plate. generally yes you do RE-use stock bushings

For those wanting same performance as an OKO variator for a cheaper cost, AND includes matching backplate see here:
http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... f=2&t=9647

I should be able to get a few more soon :o
projects galore :nerd:
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Re: Keli = Nice Upgrade

Post by bradthreee »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

The Keli is a nice upgrade, especially with the OKO or SEF ramp plate. Remove and discard the grease cover. Run 8-9 g rollers on a near-stock bore and lightly lube only the 3 ramp guides. Round off the sharp edges of whichever ramp plate you choose and the rollers will last longer.
Hey wheelman is there any difference in performance when running the grease cover on the keli?
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

on the afo5e, the stock grease cover will not fit the keli variator
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

I've obviously never tried to install the grease cover on the Keli. Werx is right as usual. IIRC the Keli is a bit bigger in diameter and the stock cover probably won't fit. I've come to the conclusion that Honda-san probably used grease for noise attenuation as much as anything else. When I had six rollers of the same weight, the tranny was silent. Putting 5s and 6s in made it ring like an old-style telephone bell. The timbre is exactly that of the steel drive face... Weird. :o
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

My Keli came with a grease cover. I'm assuming the grease cover is a gold colored plate held in by 3 7mm bolts right?
turtle13
Elite
Elite

Post by turtle13 »

01EliteSR wrote:Yeah just replaced the belt last week because it snapped. Just happened to be looking at how many people recommend this upgrade and thought i'd do it.
So what size did you end up going with? how did it turn out?
'62 125cc Honda cub
01EliteSR
Goped
Goped

Post by 01EliteSR »

Stock belt. But this upgrade will have to wait. I think my s10's about to wipe a lobe on the camshaft.
IT's A Honda.
01EliteSR
Goped
Goped

Post by 01EliteSR »

Hey on my 2001 Elite SR you still remove the grease cover? Is there another name for that because i can't find anything about it in my service manual.
IT's A Honda.