Spree 44mm bore kit on ebay - anyone familiar with it?

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Spree 44mm bore kit on ebay - anyone familiar with it?

Post by GIJoeBob »

mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Spree 44mm bore kit on ebay - anyone familiar with it?

Post by mr pibbs »

"This kit is avalable no where else but here."

Somehow this doesn't seem like a bragging right.
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
CHEVY-212010
Goped
Goped

Post by CHEVY-212010 »

i have one. on the forum, tazland001 sells them.
'85 Spree NQ57
'81 CT70
'99 GMC Sierra
'53 Chevy 3100
wiguy05
Elite
Elite

Post by wiguy05 »

mr pibbs wrote:"This kit is avalable no where else but here."

I can't even think of a situation where it would be bad to show your customer base that you are the only one to offer the product that they are potentially about to purchase. :roll:

Also, this has been discussed in numerous other threads, please search.
2006 Sachs Madass
- FTP 140cc Kit
- Stock 125cc undertail exhaust

2006 Xkeleton Trickster
- Lifan 90cc auto
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

wiguy05 wrote:

I can't even think of a situation where it would be bad to show your customer base that you are the only one to offer the product that they are potentially about to purchase. :roll:

We are dealing with parts and scooters that are already rare. My point was that it seemed an interesting marketing technique to push the part as even more rare than the stock piece. Meant no offense
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Post by GIJoeBob »

wiguy05 wrote:

I had seen kits offered by others and discussed here in the forums, but no one had mentioned this seller and as was already mentioned, the seller said his kits were not available anywhere else.

Just wondering.

bradthreee
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by bradthreee »

I've read a few reviews on here and it seems like it works well. It gives a reported 5 extra mph and increases acceleration drastically, supossedly :? The sellers name is tazland001 if you would like to contact him thru PM. I also remember him saying that he would offer a discount to hondaspree.net members. One more thing, you will need to get your head milled so don't expect it to be a bolt on kit.

Good luck :mrgreen:
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

Spree kits may be available elsewhere, but I hadn't found one, so I ordered from Tazland after reading and confirming it would work on an "E" SB50. Didn't know about the discount to the forum members but I was bidding anyway, not "buy now".

So the head needs to be milled? Why. Marc said no other mods needed. It has a dome piston so seems head should be okay as is.

I will certainly report back on the SB50 when I get it installed, but the SR50 Dio comes first. It's DOA, needs resurrected.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
ida34
Noob
Noob

Post by ida34 »

My kit came with instructions to open up the head to accommodate the larger piston. I have yet to take it to the machine shop to see about getting it done. Basically, the head has a 41 mm opening for the stock piston. With the kit the opening or the combustion chamber on the head, needs to be opened up to 44 mm so the piston does not slap the head. The tolerance is tight and the piston may clear while it is cold but when hot it may hit.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

ida34 wrote:My kit came with instructions to open up the head to accommodate the larger piston. I have yet to take it to the machine shop to see about getting it done. Basically, the head has a 41 mm opening for the stock piston. With the kit the opening or the combustion chamber on the head, needs to be opened up to 44 mm so the piston does not slap the head. The tolerance is tight and the piston may clear while it is cold but when hot it may hit.
So basically, you don't have to mill the head to change overall height, just port the parameter to accommodate the dome piston. That can be done with a dremel if done carefully. I guess I'll know more when the kit arrives.

So then, ida, are you running your scooter? Or is kit still in the box?
zapwalker
Goped
Goped

Post by zapwalker »

bradthreee wrote:I've read a few reviews on here and it seems like it works well. It gives a reported 5 extra mph and increases acceleration drastically, supossedly :? The sellers name is tazland001 if you would like to contact him thru PM. I also remember him saying that he would offer a discount to hondaspree.net members. One more thing, you will need to get your head milled so don't expect it to be a bolt on kit.

Good luck :mrgreen:
well i was expecting a bolt on kit. where would i go to get the head milled? I have no idea how to go about that at all. All I know is that I have stripped down my spree and need it running as soon as possible. also when i get the milling done. i know there are several other mods i will have to do. including a new air filter and jet. any links on what i need and how i should break in the new bore kit would be extremely helpful.
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

Any machine shop will do it for $20 or less, or laugh because it's such a small/easy job and refuse to do it :P

As far as break-in, add a bit of premix oil to your gas tank, and don't work the engine too hard. No long hard pulls under load, such as hills or long stretches. Try to vary the rpm's. No idling through a tank, nor full throttling till it's empty.
A temp gauge is the only way to know how crazy you are getting with the throttle.
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

zapwalker wrote:well i was expecting a bolt on kit. where would i go to get the head milled?
Reread the thread, and reread what ida said. He said his "kit came with instructions to open up the head to accommodate the larger piston". That's not the same as milling the head. It's opening up the parameter of the chamber. The original piston and jug was 41mm. The new piston and jug is 44mm. The piston is domed, whereas the old piston was flat. Where that extra 3mm of the domed piston might touch the head is the area that will need to be ported slightly. It won't take much, just enough for the domed piston to clear. You can use the piston as a gauge to make sure it won't bump the head. This can be done with a dremel. BMW is correct when he says the machine shop may laugh at you and refuse the job.

Do you have a few days to wait? My kit should be here in another couple of days. I haven't done this job yet, but I have a variety of mechanical experience in dealerships, truck shops and also machine shop, so I've got a mechanical insight. After my kit gets here, I'll be able to speak with confidence. Since the vendor claims the piston fits "better", This whole issue may be a red herring.
zapwalker
Goped
Goped

Post by zapwalker »

808BMW wrote:add a bit of premix oil to your gas tank
if you could give me a ratio of the premix that would be great and as far as the break in I live about a mile from my school with a whole bunch of lights and a very low incline on the way to school. Do you think that would be an alright break in route? plus once i get to school it would be about two and a half hours before i ride it again home.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

zapwalker wrote:
808BMW wrote:add a bit of premix oil to your gas tank
if you could give me a ratio of the premix that would be great and as far as the break in I live about a mile from my school with a whole bunch of lights and a very low incline on the way to school. Do you think that would be an alright break in route? plus once i get to school it would be about two and a half hours before i ride it again home.
I'm not too sure I agree with premix. If your oiling system is working properly, it isn't needed and would only gum up the carburetor. There is a reason premix oil is not recommended for injection systems.

Your route to school would be just fine for break-in. I assume there will be a few stop signs or lights on the route. Variation is the key, and no WOT. In fact, I don't even like to run WOT for any length of time on a seasoned engine. Cars and scooters alike, have a comfort zone, and it is usually below WOT.