spree gears

Does your Spree/Elite already run great, and you're trying to make it quicker/faster? Need a monster motor swap? Discuss your ideas here.

Moderator: Moderator

tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

spree gears

Post by tazland001 »

yah my kits are cheap. And good qaulity. The thing is I am a scooter hound also so I like not to be gready like everyone else. No racing pipes yet, they are going to be made last. And yea down the road I will have a intake manifold made for the spree that holds the bigger carbs. The gears whrere very expensive because the dollar is loosing its buying power over in Japan and Taiwan. So the gears will start at auction at 72.50 and buy it now for 90. I wish I could keeps things cheap but we have a * president who does not care about the strength of the dollar.

Marc
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Re: spree gears

Post by Videonut »

what will these gears do for my spree???
what carb are you talking about? :lol: :lol: :lol:
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

The gears will do much for you if you do not have one of my 44 mm cylinder kits. If you have the cylinder kit and the gears you can add about 7 to 10 mph to your sprees top end. And when i get the 47mmcylinder kits made this fall the 47mm cylinder kit and the gears will add a easy 15mph to your top end. And the take off will be sick.

ty
marc
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

What is the new gear ratio, compared to the stock one?
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

tazland001 wrote:The gears will do much for you if you do not have one of my 44 mm cylinder kits. If you have the cylinder kit and the gears you can add about 7 to 10 mph to your sprees top end. And when i get the 47mmcylinder kits made this fall the 47mm cylinder kit and the gears will add a easy 15mph to your top end. And the take off will be sick.

ty
marc

well sighn me up

i wanna set

videonut
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

Marc,

You're doing sweet with this Spree stuff. I'm looking at picking up a Spree in a day or two, I'll park it in the garage until you sell all that good stuff in some sort of kit, where I can get an exhaust pipe, bore kit, and gears in one package.

This Spree is cherry, too.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
tazland001
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by tazland001 »

dont worry more will be coming. Just be patient. There is a lot that goes into making performance parts that do not exsist.

ty
marc
zapwalker
Goped
Goped

Post by zapwalker »

when are the gears coming out?