What is Seafoam and what is it good for?

The home of the FAQs and all the things you need to know to fix your Spree / Elite, outside the service manuals

Moderator: FAQ Moderator

noiseguy
Site Admin
Site Admin

What is Seafoam and what is it good for?

Post by noiseguy »

From Islandbayy.

--------------------------------------------

Seafoam is a cleaner. Has many many uses, and is in my opinion, the best cleaner on the market!

I will list uses:

Put in your gas tank=Cleanes out deposits in your fuel system that could clog it up, removes dirt, and carbon build up. Also, if you use a higher concentration of it, it can assist in de-carbonizing your cylinder and piston. It also is a bit of a lubricator, and thats always a good thing in 2 cycle engines.

You can use it to clean your carborator.

Put a TINY TINY FRAKIN TINY ammount in your oil tank, and will remove some deposits in your oil line and oiler to ensure it doesnt plug up and not deliver the oil your scoot needs to keep running. Make sure you only put a TINY * AMMOUNT in, or you will thin your oil out too much, and the oil will NOT LUBRICATE YOUR ENGINE!

However, you can put it in the crank case of your car to clean your engine out. If you do put it in your car's crankcase, to clean it's lubrication system, follow directions on can for that, and I recommend putting it in your crank case about 100-200 miles before you go for oil change. That is because Seafoam works so well, and removes so many deposits from the system, that it may clog the Oil Filter, causing a lack of oil to your engine! The oil change after 100-200 miles (NO MORE THEN 200! FOR GOD"S SAKE!) will remove the cloged filter and the particles that were removed from the engine that are in the oil.

Lets see, Seafoam can be used to clean sparkplug that is fouled out. You can also use it to flush your transmission on your bike. After draining as much of the transmission oil from your bike as possiable, flush some seafoam through it, and then re-flush your transmission with CLEAN transmission fluid (run 1 quart of fresh tranny fluid through), and then follow your bikes manual as to how much and what type of tranny fluid your bike needs.

SeaFoam also works as a fuel stabilizer, so that your fuel doesnt freez in the winter. Personally, the Seafoam does work for that purpose, it doesnt do it as well as a stand alone fuel stabilizer/anti gas freez chem does, so I do both, and that works VERY well.

add 3-4 cap-fulls of seafoam to EVERY tank of gas to benifit from an addtional 10-20 miles per gallon. Can of Seafoam costs $5 at your local speedway gas station, and can treet 15-20 gallons of gas at 4 capfulls per gallon, in the long run, that saves you a bit of money Smile not just that, but it then prevents A LOT of carbon build up in your engine, as well as helps keep your carborator from gunking up ^_^

Everything I have listed above, is from my own experience, and everything listed above, I have done in my own bike. I drive a 1996 Elite 50SP
Admin, Hondaspree.net

Buy air filters and gaskets here (Ebay): http://stores.ebay.com/noiseguysstore
Buy air filters and gaskets here (Amazon): www.amazon.com/shops/spreepower
Buy a t-shirt here: https://teespring.com/stores/spree-powersport-products