Got me a Spree today!

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

ladylimodriver
Noob
Noob

Got me a Spree today!

Post by ladylimodriver »

Bought my son-in-law's Spree today. Not sure of the year yet; will check. I just love this li'l thang. Drove it straight to the cop station to get the rules/regs. Will park it till I'm insured, plated, & village-stickered. And then watch out!
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Re: Got me a Spree today!

Post by Dio89Elite »

Congratulations on your purchase! May your little Spree be a source of many smiles whilst riding freely on the road! :mrgreen: Sounds like you had fun during that first ride. :thumbwink:
ladylimodriver
Noob
Noob

Post by ladylimodriver »

Thank you. I've always wanted a motorcycle and this is a step in that direction. I got it as high as 27mpg. It looks like wherever you go on these things, people are curious and ask questions. Have you had yours long? What do you use it for, mainly?
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

My first moped was a junkyard find circa 1982 (or 1983). I currently have 2+ (one is just a frame with a few parts, bought as a parts donor for another). My current ride (the one in my profile photo) I bought from my younger bro about 8 years ago and is being used as my daily driver. :)

I've had a couple of motorcycles too (and would like to own a couple more in the future).

The mopeds/scooters are a blast to ride though, so don't be surprised if you'll still have one even after you get your motorcycle. If you haven't the riding experience, these little buggers can help you with getting the basics (proper riding technique) down good. :thumbwink:

Yes, Sprees will garnish attention and curiousity which is all part of the fun. :) Enjoy!
stucinthe80z
Spree
Spree

Post by stucinthe80z »

congrats i bought my first on in 84 and it met its tragic dimise (car parrilel parking accident)it was not pretty.and i went down bought a brand new 86 had it untill i sold it to my cousin and missed it while it was gone it went on vacs with me went with me when i worked in portlant and lived in vegas.in may i bought it back and have been undoing the damage done by her children it has 1400 plus on it 200 since may mostly my mile 245 very hard somone elses you will grow to love it keep it alive and treet it well it is as relible as a honda could be ha ha enjoy this is a very good place to start welcome :coolcruise:
ladylimodriver
Noob
Noob

Post by ladylimodriver »

Dio89 & stucinthe80z, neither of your photos look like Honda Sprees. I thought they were only made for several years in the mid 80's. ???
ladylimodriver
Noob
Noob

Post by ladylimodriver »

I've tried to post a photo of my scooter, but it's not the right size. It's the classic red one.
motormike

Post by motormike »

ladylimodriver wrote:I've tried to post a photo of my scooter, but it's not the right size. It's the classic red one.
I am so sorry ladylimodriver that your Spree is not the right size..... :bowrofl:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
ladylimodriver
Noob
Noob

Post by ladylimodriver »

Very funny, motormike. I re-sized a photo & here she is; my sweet li'l red baby.
stucinthe80z
Spree
Spree

Post by stucinthe80z »

ladylimodriver wrote:Dio89 & stucinthe80z, neither of your photos look like Honda Sprees. I thought they were only made for several years in the mid 80's. ???
yes mine is a 1986 spreeit is black and purple
with its age it is begining to look more pink
thats what the people at work say i have a trunk on mine .
i purchised off of e-bay to carry my what nots
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

ladylimodriver wrote:Dio89 & stucinthe80z, neither of your photos look like Honda Sprees. I thought they were only made for several years in the mid 80's. ???
Correct. '84-87 Honda Spree model years. '86-7 had kick start in addition to electric start.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

And since you have yet to be welcomed,
Welcome to hondaspree.net. the home of many Honda scooterists. :coolcruise:
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
motormike

Post by motormike »

...and i also wish you a warm welcome to this site filled with scooter-heads of all kinds. Pretty ones with red scooters especially appreciated.... :thumbwink:
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
ladylimodriver
Noob
Noob

Post by ladylimodriver »

Thank you, eliteguy50, for the welcome. All the other guys (I'm assuming they're all guys) also made me feel welcome.