NASCAR

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Re: NASCAR

Post by motormike »

You'll see that I posted before race time. That was all a prediction of how the race will go. I was off a bit. Kurt Busch did show up, no sponsor on the hood, but he drove a good race. The best mover in the field, from 24th to 2nd, that would be Smoke... :thumbwink: ...Dale should have finished better but got smacked a good one late after restart.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

great race at kentucky!! all the hendrick cars in the top 10. tony stewart not so good, bad ecu made for a bad finish. kyle busch broken shock but still managed a 10th place finish. on to daytona!!
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
motormike

Post by motormike »

Hi odin29...Had a failed A/C situation at my son's house at same time as race. Temps here have been 109-106 all week. My son is on tour with "Dukes of September" and his wife is home with a baby due in December. Needed to get her comfortable regardless of Nascar. Saw that Brad K. got the win. Thanx for the post. ...... :urban:
RideRed
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Boy, that CZ400 was just too much! :crazy: Happy 4th to all of the gang here at hondaspree.net.
Congrats to all you Tony Stewart fans, I guess he got it done on Saturday nite!
I did like the Danica commercials though!!! :naughty:
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
motormike

Post by motormike »

Nationwide race was Danica's to lose. Too bad she was spit out of the pack into the wall. Sprint Cup race sees Tony come from 42nd on the grid to 1st at the checkers. Thank you Casey Kahne for the assist.
RideRed
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

congrats to smoke, he needed the win. no thanks to greg biffle who started the chainreation for taking out the last of the hendrick motorsports teams of whom all needed a win, jr just to get the points lead, jeff and kahne needing the wild card spot. the biff should have just backed off knowing that pushing matt was not going to garner a win. not to mention why bother matt is leaving at the end of the season anyway. probably going to drive for gibbs.
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
motormike

Post by motormike »

Nationwide race: pulling for Harv...Kes wins
Trucks: Timothy Peters did something last year, think it was his first win, and his actions then lost a tad of my respect.It was a burn-out he did a bit prematurely at the finish line while racers were still trying to cross it. anyway,.. He wins today. I congratulate him and also on being a Daddy-to-be. I really thought Hornaday had it until the last restart when he spun badly on the outside and Peters truck was fast in front.
RideRed
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

definetly so far this weekends raceing was exciting. today the sprint cup hits the track for some fast raceing. jr starting 9th has a good chance today.! good luck to all the drivers today while the dinger watches from home.
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

what an awesome race!! kyle busch commands the first part of the race but a bad pit stop and speeding on pit lane ruin his day. hamlin comes on strong and leads the second half only to have a miscommunication and has a 4 tire stop instead of 2 tire. gives kasey kahne the lead and his second win. hamlin drives from 13th (restart) to a 2nd place f inish, boywer 3rd dale jr 4th. moves jr 16 points behind kenseth and kahne has lead for the wild card spot #1 johnson finish 7th and gordon 6th. setwart 13th. on to the brickyard in indy!!
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
motormike

Post by motormike »

I was watching up until Hamlin was leading, (and Smoke was a lap down)...then took Ruby out for some twisty roads and BBQ. Thanx for the recap odin29... :thumbwink:
RideRed
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

Thanks for the comments/ recaps. :thumbsup: I don't watch much TV and am too far (and poor) to attend. o.O :(
motormike

Post by motormike »

That Chicago track is one built-for-racing s.o.b....I like the multi-groove 3-4 wide stuff... :thumbwink:
#2 Sadler in the Hunt Bros. Pizza car pulls off a win with some good pit strategy and some strong will.
#6 Stenhouse was class of the field and just had some bad luck on the restart when #31 Algaier
pushed #2 to the lead/win.
Well played I say... :rock:
..NOTE: #22 Hornish apoligizes immediately for booting #54 Kyle Busch.... :bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:
I wonder what Kyle had to say about it .... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
RideRed
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

today was the brickyard 400. with hamlin on the pole for the start. it was a great race with lots of lead changes but only 3 cautions with mears, kenseth,lagono, and labonte all involed in wrecks. it was also a great day for hendricks motorsports. with jimmie johnson winning his 4th brickyard. jeff gordon finishing 5th and dale earnhardt jr finishing 4th and leaving with a 14 point lead in the standings. :woot: 2nd was kyle busch, 3rd biffle. that rounds out the top 5. tony stewart(indiana native) comes home in 10th. on to pocono.
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
motormike

Post by motormike »

That #88 is looking good... :thumbwink:
The #14 Smoke salvages a 10th place... :smile: ...not bad considering a deep starting position.
But let's back up one race...HOW does Nascar black flag #2 Sadler for jumping the start when #3 Dillon
is pushing him across the start/finish and #12 Hornish has #22 Keselowski all jacked up and spinning his tires ??
I just listened to Helton address this situation, and he said a whole mouthful of nothing.
Sadler was WRONGED by Nascar, and the re-start rule is worthless if Nascar continues to turn a blind eye to the
ACTUAL culprits guilty of causing this infraction, i.e. Hornish and Dillon.
RideRed
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

not to mention that kyle busch did the samething on the restart before and nascar said the kahne didnt get a good re-start. really???!! what a load of crap.!
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
jdm tail lite