My hobby interest

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

My hobby interest

Post by MrJumps »

Im not sure if this is OK to talk about in this section but I needed a ventish.

So I have been having trouble doing basic life things like writing, putting a key in a lock, typing.
I used to be able to type 90 words a minute the proper way, but since my dyslexia and tremors have started to worsen I'm having trouble doing everything. I used to be extremely active, now I just sit around because I feel useless.

The carb for my spree had a crack in it, It didn't break off like I've been telling everyone. I wasn't able to guide a bolt through the flange on the carb and got mad and punched it. I've never been violent in my life. I'm really smart, I have a photographic memory and I hold information for ever. I wanna apply myself, but i have a hard time doing so. Its like when you have a dream and you want something to happen and it never does.

The reason i'm sharing this, I've only ridden a motorcycle once, I enjoyed the freedom. I felt like nothing stopped me, I still felt like i need to apply myself, but not useless. But yet at the same time, I feel like im applying myself to things most people are to scared of or can't. I truly feel special at that point.

Theres a thing that makes me steer away from the scooter group is my sexuality. I used to play (airsoft) milslim alot, I was a popularly known player locally. I just don't feel safe going out anymore to do that, the group of people as a majority at the area im in are not to fond on my "lesser life styles" as they would say in lesser amounts and weaker vocabulary. Would the scooter group be as hard or are people more accepting? Normally when something requires brains the people around it are more leveled headed and have more tolerance right? I mean the one time I hung out with a group of old timer Vespa riders they were super chill and weren't yelling derivatives at my car's many pride stickers.

So far, I like the scooter scene. Its helped me get off my butt and get out more, ive spent a large amount of hours working hard on my spree trying to get to drive and ive spent hundreds on it. I like every bit of it. I'm just scared of the outcome.

I'm sweating bullets - Cheers - Jumps
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Re: My hobby interest

Post by Johnniespeed »

Of course you are welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of the dyslexia and tremors, I hope they subside or become manageable. The violent outburst could possibly have come from some type of suppressed resentment, surfacing when you were frustrated, I am sure a shrink would tell you to search your past for resentment. Carburetors are cheap, I have heard that many people punch holes in the walls of their homes, probably the same deal.
If you want to fit in better with society why would you sticker up your car ? You cannot force tolerance on others, the stickers imply that you demand acceptance, get over it and I suggest to peel those stickers off. Besides the whole world doesn't need to know or want to know of your personal life, that is your business only. I'm not implying that you should hide, but rather put forth an attempt to blend in better. When I am with a bunch of Harley owners I never bring up the fact that I own a bunch of Honda's, why ? because it only brings dissention , rather I talk about their bikes or a great curvy road to ride on, that is my way of fitting in and it works great.
Scooters are not fully accepted by everyone, if you ride one, you can expect to be a little outcast from the motorcycle guys, and the general public thinks adult scooter riders to be a little odd. But riding any type of motorcycle and or being outside in the sun are two great types of therapy good for most anyone.
Hope you get your Spree running perfect soon, they are a fun to ride.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

being dyslexia my self i under stand that ...the rest mean nothing...
swimmingfree
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Johnniespeed wrote:Of course you are welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of the dyslexia and tremors, I hope they subside or become manageable. The violent outburst could possibly have come from some type of suppressed resentment, surfacing when you were frustrated, I am sure a shrink would tell you to search your past for resentment. Carburetors are cheap, I have heard that many people punch holes in the walls of their homes, probably the same deal.
If you want to fit in better with society why would you sticker up your car ? You cannot force tolerance on others, the stickers imply that you demand acceptance, get over it and I suggest to peel those stickers off. Besides the whole world doesn't need to know or want to know of your personal life, that is your business only. I'm not implying that you should hide, but rather put forth an attempt to blend in better. When I am with a bunch of Harley owners I never bring up the fact that I own a bunch of Honda's, why ? because it only brings dissention , rather I talk about their bikes or a great curvy road to ride on, that is my way of fitting in and it works great.
Scooters are not fully accepted by everyone, if you ride one, you can expect to be a little outcast from the motorcycle guys, and the general public thinks adult scooter riders to be a little odd. But riding any type of motorcycle and or being outside in the sun are two great types of therapy good for most anyone.
Hope you get your Spree running perfect soon, they are a fun to ride.
graphite9 wrote:First off, welcome. All I need to say is, we're all here to HAVE FUN! That's it. I'm on the bmw/ruckus forums, and spent time in the subaru forums, and vw forums. Hondaspree is by far the best group I have ever been a part of. Period. Nobody care's about lifestyles, race, or how ugly we are here. We share the common interest in modifying, and enjoying these awesome bikes, thats all that matters. I've had nothing but positive experiences with this group, and I'm sure it will continue to be that way. :thumbsup:
swimmingfree wrote:being dyslexia my self i under stand that ...the rest mean nothing...
swimmingfree
Thanks for the replies, I under stand what you mean Johnniespeed, I try to blend but at the same time, I just want everyone to be 50/50 with everyone. G9 Thanks for the kind words, if everyone is going for fun that sounds good enough for me. Swimmingfree, Most people try to stay away from forums and online posting because of dyslexia, im glad you can look past what people say to you. Ive probably spent half a hour going over this to clean it up.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Welcome to the forum Jumps.
This post is fine in this topic of Chit-Chat.
We are here to give support in your scooter hobby.
You will find, tips, tricks, and opinions.
Swimmingfree has shown that patience and the absence of malice can
pave the road to better understanding by all.
Keep on truckin'.... :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

motormike wrote:Welcome to the forum Jumps.
This post is fine in this topic of Chit-Chat.
We are here to give support in your scooter hobby.
You will find, tips, tricks, and opinions.
Swimmingfree has shown that patience and the absence of malice can
pave the road to better understanding by all.
Keep on truckin'.... :urban:
Tahnsk, and cool locking gyro!
patthesoundguy

Post by patthesoundguy »

MrJumps, I have felt that kind of intense frustration before myself, its no fun. it was caused by a bad living environment with my ex who was messing my head and making me believe I wasn't capable of doing things I was always had been and things I had mad skills to accomplish. Then almost 6 years ago I got My first Honda scooter... an 84 spree. I joined this forum. Life turned around! I have had so much positive energy here on the board. The kind folks here are all here for one main purpose, to have fun with our odd little two wheel toys. Feel free to vent if you need to, sometimes just talking about something to another person is all you need to get back on the go again. That little spree will rip again dont worry. it will be super fun when it fires up and you get to enjoy it. And heck, its already a cool color and has nifty seat!
Dude! Ya Can't Fix Stupid!
84 Spree stock
84 Spree Dio AF18E MHR Cylinder Arrow Pipe 28mm OKO
80 Express, 47mm DR BBKit, Weak Ends Intake, Boyesen Dual stage reeds, 19mm Delorto carb, MLM pipe
79 Express
85 Aero 80 stock
84 elite 125 stock
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Pat, I know what its like to live in a "controlled" environment. . Im doing all I can to hang in there. We have kids involved. Jumps, I used to get * and punch s*** all the time. I had to chill. So, I put down beer and picked up ice cream. Im on much more level ground now. Everyone has their problems. Some you choose, and some you dont. Difficult times will come, but its your choice how you react. A spiritual wellbeing is an effective way to handle things. I like sleep and ice cream too. Life for me is pretty hard right now so I go to bed earlier. I feel better in the morning, and it keeps me off the pot and booze.
Live and let live bro.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars
MrJumps
CB900F
CB900F

Post by MrJumps »

Dis-morning I through I had a hernia, but I actually have bad cramping from stress. I don't know whats making me like this. :?
DirtyE
Elite
Elite

Post by DirtyE »

Sounds like ya better see a doctor. Get some medical marijuana or something. I used to smoke it everyday and I was pretty chill lol.
98 Elite
4 strokes are for cars