long winded gramaticly incorrect story

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

long winded gramaticly incorrect story

Post by SpyderMike »

so my local honda dealer has closed their doors on me and i find myself in search of a local oil supply.
so i stop by my buddys dirtbike shop only to find oil i do not need at a price i dont want to pay. so i head down the block a little way to the local chinese scooter shop to find out what they have. well turns out they pretty much just have sales and no service and were out of 2 smoke oil till thursday. me and the owner got to talking about scooters when he asks me about my scooter. he asked me how fast it was and i told him it has hit 53 but can cruise at 45. he then asks me what cc it is and i tell him 50....

now he has a bewildered look on his face and he asks me "its outside?" i told him yes and he got up and headed outside. once outside he started giving my bike the once over and asked me a million questions. then he asked "who built this bike?" and i replied "i did"
his face was so funny cause his mouth kinda dropped from a smile to a someone just shot my dog look and he asked me what i did for a living, i told him maintenance and he asked me if i wanted to fix scooters for him

i probably spent a good half hour listening to him tell me his business plans and how he has just picked up a SYM dealership and wants me on as a part time mechanic. i told him as of right now i work full time and go to school part time so he took my phone # and said when he needs bikes fixed he will give me a call and see what i can do for him. but next spring i might have a side job working for him part time

moral of the story....

scooter modding could just lead to gainful employment :twisted:
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: long winded gramaticly incorrect story

Post by eliteguy50 »

SpyderMike wrote: moral of the story....

X2, that is how I started back in high school...best of luck on that double job w/ OT and school thing
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Eft37
Elite
Elite

Post by Eft37 »

I have this same story but swap 'computer' for 'scooter'. That and I told the guy, "dude, I hate computers, I can't work for you".
Spreetard
Elite
Elite

Post by Spreetard »

The american dream. do what you love, love what you do :mrgreen:
Ol' Red
1987 Spree, 42mph on 49cc (gps)
Broken...
Spreeio
1987 Spree
With af16e powah!!!!
77cc Malossi Ministroker, 24mm oKo, 30mm V8 pipe.
Chinabike 3000! GY6 clone daily driver/ beater machine bought for $75!
808BMW
Elite
Elite

Post by 808BMW »

If he picks up SYM's, he better bring in DD50's. Then push to carry performance parts ;)
In 2040 they say we're going away
We could never let them control
Hawaiian man, take back your hawaiian land
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

Good job, you know that is how most successful people made it to the top. and you love the work.

videonut
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
trev0006
BMX
BMX

Post by trev0006 »

Good read,

SpyderMike wrote:so my local honda dealer has closed their doors on me and i find myself in search of a local oil supply.
so i stop by my buddys dirtbike shop only to find oil i do not need at a price i dont want to pay. so i head down the block a little way to the local chinese scooter shop to find out what they have. well turns out they pretty much just have sales and no service and were out of 2 smoke oil till thursday. me and the owner got to talking about scooters when he asks me about my scooter. he asked me how fast it was and i told him it has hit 53 but can cruise at 45. he then asks me what cc it is and i tell him 50....

now he has a bewildered look on his face and he asks me "its outside?" i told him yes and he got up and headed outside. once outside he started giving my bike the once over and asked me a million questions. then he asked "who built this bike?" and i replied "i did"
his face was so funny cause his mouth kinda dropped from a smile to a someone just shot my dog look and he asked me what i did for a living, i told him maintenance and he asked me if i wanted to fix scooters for him

i probably spent a good half hour listening to him tell me his business plans and how he has just picked up a SYM dealership and wants cars me on as a part time mechanic. i told him as of right now i work full time and go to school part time so he took my phone # and said when he needs bikes tires fixed he will give me a call and see what i can do for him. but next spring i might have a side job working for him part time

moral of the story....

Motorcycle and cars video collection
Fishman43
Elite
Elite

Post by Fishman43 »

Do what you love, and you will never work a day in your life.
elitedio
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by elitedio »

Spydermike:
Always good to get kudos for your work, you deserve it. One thing to keep in mind that while it is nice to make your scoot faster it is not nearly as much fun to work on others toys.
1989 Elite E with 86cc Dio
Rumia 50mm bore, mini-stroker, 28mm Oko, modified m-x pipe, Carbonfiber reinforced frame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKSvdjxvBUA