Why do you ride honda 50cc? - poll

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Why do you ride Honda 50cc?

I'm Cheap, it's reliable
26%
Don't have/need a car
12%
It's a hobby/just for kicks
56%
50cc? Try 72cc!
6%

Total votes: 50

Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Re: Why do you ride honda 50cc? - poll

Post by Lunytune »

You're too much this late at night. That one will keep me up laughing all night.

Now to make sure we stay on the thread, "why do you ride honda 50cc", because them hogs just ain't got no class! :mrgreen:
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Lunytune wrote:because them hogs just ain't got no class! :mrgreen:
This is where I must put my foot down. broad generalization, I have 2 hogs(sporty and ultra) and have taken several classes..lol but anyways
Lunytune wrote:I'm tired of the dumping of Chinese products in USA and outsourcing jobs, and driving investors overseas.
I agree, but I also think the unions need a little nudge to keep them in check, just not this much. and if ATK, Victory, Buell or even Redline Performance Products came out with a scooter, I would be all over it
Lunytune wrote:Oops. I thought the Zuma was 4 stroker. What about the Vino?
The Zuma 50 has always been a 2-stroke, the Zuma 125 is a 4-stroke
the earlier Vino 50's (2005 and before) where 2 strokes like the old Jog engine (if I remember right) and the 2006 to modern Vino 50 is a 4-stroke, the Vino 125 has always been a 4-stroke. Note: this is for USA application, some other places have different models.
Lunytune wrote:You're all wrong on that "new japanese scooter". He's killing anything that's not Chinese.
I don't understand what you mean...I was reffering to the new wave of fuel injected, 4-stroke, catalytic converter scooters like the new elite and 150 honda, the yamaha c3...AND i just found this http://cyclesource.com/newsblog/?p=2453
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

eliteguy50 wrote:
Lunytune wrote:You're all wrong on that "new japanese scooter". He's killing anything that's not Chinese.
I don't understand what you mean...I was reffering to the new wave of fuel injected, 4-stroke, catalytic converter scooters like the new elite and 150 honda, the yamaha c3...AND i just found this http://cyclesource.com/newsblog/?p=2453
Guy, that was tongue in cheek, that by the time Obama is through, there won't be anything but Chinese left. "Hog" comment was tongue in cheek too, but I expect you knew that.

Now for the serious side.
Fuel injection? Yep, I'm for it... now that I've finally conquered carbs. :roll:
Catalytic Converters?: Wasted bunch of hooey that ever came out of D.C.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

Lunytune wrote:Catalytic Converters?: Wasted bunch of hooey that ever came out of D.C.
Yes, one more reason to ride classic honda 50's
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

Lunytune wrote:
eliteguy50 wrote:
Guy, that was tongue in cheek, that by the time Obama is through, there won't be anything but Chinese left. "Hog" comment was tongue in cheek too, but I expect you knew that.

Now for the serious side.
Fuel injection? Yep, I'm for it... now that I've finally conquered carbs. :roll:
Catalytic Converters?: Wasted bunch of hooey that ever came out of D.C.
When the EPA forced the marine industry to change drop carburated two strokes, it was determined that anything under 35 horsepower was cheaper to go with a 4 stroke. Since they did the change over they have pretty much found that 90 horsepower is the real break point with 2 strokes. After the 90 hp mark the direct injection (fuel squirts into the cylinder only) is the only way to meet the standards set by the EPA. Reqular EFI on 2 stroke just does not stop the unburned fuel from escaping out the exhaust port.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
surfnturf
BMX
BMX

Post by surfnturf »

I won't go into my own personal politics, but here's why I love my NB50 conversion AeroPed. I come from the back ground of Go-Peds, which are all single speed, high revving little beasts. There has NEVER been a Go-Ped or motorized scooter with a multispeed transmission other than the manual shift 2 speed EVO, which is a great leap forward but nothing compared to a properly working CVT. I am used to 90 plus decibel machines if I want to go over 30mph but still maintain hill climbing and off idle/low speed acceleration characteristics. Accordingly, much of this noise comes from the high RPM a Go-Ped/motorized scooter motor must turn to make these kind of performance figures. The most popular "large" new motor for Go-Peds is the 46cc piston port, 4 transfer GP460RS, rated at 4.2hp stock and at least 15,000RPM!

When my friend (capturedbyrobot) showed me these 9-10000rpm bone stock ultra reliable, quiet and cheap scooters that did 35+mph, pulled up any hill and (comparatively) sipped fuel, I knew I had to have one.

The fact that it's an 86 NB50 is a bit by chance, as it could just have easily been a Jog, Zuma, Vino or Elite, depending on price. But I picked mine up fully functional (minus front turn signals, mirrors and a very bent fork) for 100 bucks, and it has been one of the least expensive and most enjoyable machines I've ever owned (and it's only been a week since it's been running!).
Videonut
Spree
Spree

Post by Videonut »

Wow 100 thats a steel, good job dude. post pics of before and after if you have them...

videonut
86 spree with honda cb750 rear shock
xr50 knobby tires, 32mph on slightly restricted craftsman air filter.
Scooter was stolen so i have to make it look good again
spree-rider
Elite
Elite

Post by spree-rider »

i ride a spree because in washington you can't drive a car untill your 16.

Me being 13,i cant drive a car, so, i opted to this. :geekdance: :coolcruise:
86 spree
sb 50 intake and reeds
3.00x10 rear tire
waxed

99Polaris indy 700
harliquim paint
2" bar riser
lefty throttle
ice scratchers
SLP tri keel skis
ported