The Daily Chat w/motor & Vintage

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

Re: The Daily Chat

Post by motormike »

That's actually a real good idea....mmmmmmmmmmm
I'm too wrapped up in writing poetry right now to fully consider ANOTHER bike....lol
RideRed
<(2)Gyro S><Helix><Sym Wolf>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Mystic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Mystic »

here is the 125 enduro you can just swap your xl100 motor into :D a lot cheaper at 75 bucks

http://nashville.craigslist.org/mcy/2695734043.html
1986 Spree/ Eve af16 swapped 65cc Prodigy vari 8g 9:1 Ruima gears
21mm OKO 42/100 32:1 45mph kymco zx exhaust
1994 Elite S 17.5mm Arreche, Daytona reeds, SEF ramp, pump plugged :D
1987 Elite SE50 af16 swapped
1989 Elite E SB50p
2003 Yamaha Zuma
motormike

Post by motormike »

Something I stumbled across today. Final result from the Excl Gran Prix at Stefan Johanson Karting Center, Indy, 1996. Top name is truly the champion, Tony Stewart. My name appears in P-12, Mike Brawwer. Video exists, but not in my possession. Buddy Lazier, IRL driver, was hanging around and passed out some "Montana gear" one of the sponsors on his car. Buddy did not compete with us in karts that night as he was still walking with a cane still suffering broken back injuries from Phoenix(I think)..... Great times.
Attachments
DSC00998.JPG
DSC00998.JPG (164.12 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
DSC00999.JPG
DSC00999.JPG (162.36 KiB) Viewed 4900 times
RideRed
motormike

Post by motormike »

Ride today...50 miles...Mexican for lunch....71 degrees
Attachments
DSC01010.JPG
DSC01010.JPG (164.87 KiB) Viewed 4884 times
RideRed
Carnie
Elite
Elite

The Daily Chat

Post by Carnie »

I wish I had a nice group of enthusiasts to ride with around where I live. Everybody rides 1200cc sports bikes though. Tends to stomp out my little spree.
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
motormike

Post by motormike »

Just recently, my landlord sent over a roofing crew to remove 3 layers of shingles and install a new roof....on the house. Two days later, the house was finished. As I lay in bed on day 3, I hear the crew outside cleaning up(so I thought). Actually, they were on top of the garage. NO MENTION of this by my landlord. The garage was in just as bad of need as was the house, but I assumed the landlord would have told me if the garage was also getting re-roofed. Much to my surprise when I opened the garage door, EVERYTHING was blanketed with roofing debris. The garage had only 1 X 6 decking (NOT plywood). Every decking board was spaced far enough apart that debris from the tear-off was sifting through and covering the entire contents of my garage. Yes, 13 scooters, motorcycles, and toolboxes with open lids, all with shingle grit, chunks, nails...the scene was horrifying....then to make the situation just a little more painful, one of the roofers peers inside and says, "At least it wasn't a Harley"..........without so much as a blink of an eye, I turned to this roofer and proclaimed......"Well F**K you too, BUDDY". The roofing supervisor told "buddy" to go in my garage and help me clean up.....I PROMPTLY told buddy "DO NOT GO IN MY GARAGE"....Much restraint was exercised by myself to not explode on this POS crew, as I was saving that for the landlord. When landlord showed up, I had cooled down enough to keep a civil tongue. I know he felt pretty lame, but being a retired policeman, he didn't have the courtesy to utter the words, "I'm sorry...I messed up". My day will come, and he will remember this because it will not be soon forgotten........... :twisted: ....the face of revenge
:| < the face of forgiveness............ :oops: < the face of boneheadedness............. :coolcruise: < the face of an Aero 125 owner
Last edited by motormike on Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
RideRed
evilone
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by evilone »

I know what you mean about the mess. I did my house and garage over the summer and the garage was a disaster! Same boards and same spacing.
2001 Honda Elite
1995 Yamaha Jog
1994 Yamaha Axis

I can't believe
that cop put me
in the backseat
when I clearly
called shotgun.
motormike

Post by motormike »

When the clean-up was over, about 3 hours worth....I had a much cleaner and better organized garage. I guess sometimes fate will work to our advantage, or at least get us off the couch.....lol
I'm just waiting for the first time I pull something from the rafters and take a grit-bath....... :roll:
RideRed
motormike

Post by motormike »

Signing off for the duration of computer replacement. Might be a week or so. Hopefully I'll find a good after Christmas sale. The present laptop has developed intermittent charging of battery due to faulty charger port requiring an estimated $150 labor, $25 parts. Add that to a new battery at $110 and replacement of the entire computer becomes more economically sound than repair. Plus, I've had to install a security system in the house to protect the "Golden PA Award" that arrived today from Deepinahearta, Texas................... :urban: ......
.........................................................Merry Christmas to all..... :hi:
RideRed
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Sorry to hear of your forced Forum Hiatus.

Glad you already got the carb. USPS Parcel Post mailed only Friday afternoon; 3 days, pretty good!
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
Carnie
Elite
Elite

The Daily Chat

Post by Carnie »

I am thinking about purchasing a Honda cbr 250r this upcoming spring for a little longer commuting. It will be my first official registered and insured motorcycle. Didn't know what anybody knew about them or if we had any personal reviews here on the board that could help in narrowing down the decision making process. Thanks!
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Read some details, and a couple of very negative comments Here.
It's an all-new engine (for the U.S. and A.) and frame, so perhaps let them have a year or two to work out the kinks. Kawasaki's 250 Ninja is a twin and will anihilate Honda-san's single-cylinder in any contest of performance except fuel economy. For about the same money, Kawasaki has had years to perfect the design. For a more versatile ride, consider the CRF 230. Probably almost as fast as the CBR, and it can get dirty.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

I would much rather have a CBR250 than a CBR250r. I was told Honda makes them in Thailand and reliability is less than Honda's standard. These are also the guys who are riding a comuter like a sport bike though. The EX250r is a very reliable bike and will take the abuse. Be sure you can sit on one for a while though, neither bike has the best ergos.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Carnie
Elite
Elite

The Daily Chat

Post by Carnie »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

Read some details, and a couple of very negative comments Here.
It's an all-new engine (for the U.S. and A.) and frame, so perhaps let them have a year or two to work out the kinks. Kawasaki's 250 Ninja is a twin and will anihilate Honda-san's single-cylinder in any contest of performance except fuel economy. For about the same money, Kawasaki has had years to perfect the design. For a more versatile ride, consider the CRF 230. Probably almost as fast as the CBR, and it can get dirty.
I have looked at the CRF 230 as well. It is a great looking bike but still unsure of all the specs. Thanks for that link, very useful information, however that's one of the first bad reviews I have had for the CBR 250r. I will check into the transmission on them.
1987 Spree
1994 Elite SR
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

i love honda but look at a wr or yz 426 thats a road bike they go for 1200-1800 around my neck of the woods