Daily Ride Report

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

burnt_toast
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Re: Daily Ride Report

Post by burnt_toast »

sell two for parts and profit ;)

keep one for kickass beater, then swap in DIO ftw

nice deal, no wonder you havent been posting looks like you've been busy
projects galore :nerd:
wikked_spree57
Elite
Elite

Post by wikked_spree57 »

adark248 wrote:
Dac wrote:papers?

dude in michigan getting papers is easy as *. If i knew for sure that michigan papers would transfer to hawaii papers i would get both of these legal and send them to hawaii like nothing at all.
Dude, do it. I can guarantee that they'll be legal on the islands. I had my uncle in Michigan get papers on my Aero (I'm sending him the VIN for my new Spree soon) and I waltzed over to the Ohio BMV where they're really strict (mopeds=motorcycles) and all they had to do was examine the VIN, no safety check, then approve the VIN, I had to buy the title and pay applicable sales tax. It cost me like 8 dollars and then I got it registered for like another hundred and everything. It took a while to drive around, but totally worth it.

Before I did this I talked to my brother who's a lawyer* about the legality of this. He said as long as I "sell" it to my uncle then "buy" it back with the title from MI it's totally cool and by law one state's papers are good in every other state. A state shouldn't be able to deny your papers simply because they're from outside of its borders. However, you could always get some * at the Bureau who won't help you out. :?

So as long as those VINs don't come up stolen or salvaged or something you should be good to go and make mass profit. You could always have a Hawaii member call the local registration office to make sure for you.

*In the spirit of full disclosure: my brother does not deal specifically in property law, and is not registered to work as legal council in Ohio, Michigan or Hawaii. :D
I was not aware of this, I have 3 or 4 Spree frames and two Elite frames, one of which is registered already in my name.
1994 BMW 525i 5 speed BEAMER TIME
1983 Yamaha XC 180 - Bought barn fresh in mint condition and 254 miles. Best bike I ever owned :)
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Sportsters and Sprees

Post by eliteguy50 »

[quote="Wheelman-111"]It's easy to forget how danged heavy these bikes are after a few weeks of Aero-nautics. I can U-turn the Aero inside of a parking space. Barely able to do the same on a residential street riding the HDs.[quote]Have you checked out the new ultra, a friend bought one and d*** is that a big rear, but if it ups the payload then I'm all for it. But the bike is over 900 pounds now, rethinking that forsale sign on my electra classic (you can really feel the 50 pound difference). But the sporster is still fun for sport (mine is old so it has the hard mounted motor) but it shakes me worse than my 88" and it is only an 883 (~54")
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Quoth EliteGuy:
But the sporster is still fun for sport (mine is old so it has the hard mounted motor) but it shakes me worse than my 88" and it is only an 883 (~54")
My 2002 has the rigid mounted engine too. The "Bonehead" post-2004s shake less at speed, but the necessary reinforcements to the frame added a whopping 58 pounds to the otherwise unchanged bike. Call me a relic, but I still prefer my 1200S.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH