daywot (now Censored)

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

daywot (now Censored)

Post by novs86 »

I thought this was quite interesting!

When I bought my bore kit from daywot there was a invoice in the box from Polini.

The invoice from Polini USA stated:

Polini 65cc Bore Kit #119.0034 was $***.))
drop ship was $*.**
shipping charge was $**.**
total= $***.** charged to Patrick Day.

daywot charged me $165.00 plus $15.00 shipping. for a total of $180.00
Just a little FYI thats all.

The address and phone # on the invoice if you also wish to pursue Polini without using E-bay.

Polini USA
24700 Skyland Road
Los Gatos, CA 95033
(408) 353-3537
Last edited by novs86 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'd rather be riding my Aero!
JONESER
Spree
Spree

Re: daywot

Post by JONESER »

Yeah, lots of places dont actually stock stuff. They order it after you place your order and have it dropped shipped, meanwhile, the company you ordered it from makes money for making a phone call.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

DayWot did the work of becoming a distributor. His knowledge, applied during that phone call helped you be sure not to buy a kit that won't fit. That's worth something. It is a business, and as such can only exist if it makes a profit. His markups are very reasonable considering the work involved. Retail is typically 100%, but it is a tight market for non-essentials. You still got a good deal for a Contessa kit. Everybody's gotta eat.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

I agree that his time was worth something.That was never a question. To the extent on what the time is worth is debatable.

What I dont agree with is your censorship on what I paid. There is nothing wrong with displaying truths on here to let people know there are other ways to obtain parts without going through a middleman so to to say and what true costs are. I learned of this kit from this forum, not from ebay and daywot. Its a choice I wish I would have had in hindsight. Daywot did nothing for me except sell me the kit. If people value him and his knowledge they will go back to him and buy again. I did not personally attack him or say anything negitive. I said "just a little FYI". There are so many things on here that go unsensored ,to use this as a example of your power was not right.

none of your roolz were violated

I think you abused your moderator status in this situation.
Last edited by novs86 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpyderMike
Elite
Elite

Re: daywot (now sensored)

Post by SpyderMike »

this was taken off polinis website
Polini USA is a division of Toyz, Inc. We are the U.S. wholesale distributor for Polini motorcycles and parts. We only sell wholesale to authorized Polini dealers. We do not sell retail to the public.

If you would like to become a dealer, or to locate a dealer near you click the links at the left or call us at (408) 353-3537.
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

SpyderMike wrote:this was taken off polinis website
Polini USA is a division of Toyz, Inc. We are the U.S. wholesale distributor for Polini motorcycles and parts. We only sell wholesale to authorized Polini dealers. We do not sell retail to the public.

If you would like to become a dealer, or to locate a dealer near you click the links at the left or call us at (408) 353-3537.
Wow, thanks for the heads up! How stupid of Polini USA then to include the invoice in my box if thats the case!!! Llike I said, never slammed daywot in any way. I just thought the forum would like to know the true cost.

I still however don't agree with the censorship.
Last edited by novs86 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mr pibbs
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mr pibbs »

As Schoolhouse Rock taught me: Knowledge is power.
1993 Elite - The Mad Max
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

Well thats how the world goes around.. someones gota make a profit or whats the point in selling it? Obviously buying it straight from the manufacturer is going to be cheaper.. though most of the time you have to buy large volume to get a cheaper price.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

Yeah I mostly agree with everyone in that he needs to make some money off of this. I think we would be amazed at the price of most stuff that we buy in everyday life. You can tell how little things actually cost dealers when they start running deals and sales on stuff. Take clothes for instance. ALL THE TIME you can walk into a store and they'll be showing a 50-75% discount on items. That means that there is ATLEAST that much of a markup from when they get them.

I don't agree with the sensoring. I think its senseless and an abuse of privileges. Sort of like the "Roolz" or however it was that he spelled it. In a forum setting the first thing one needs to do is watch and learn. Before you join a forum, lurk for awhile and get the feel for it. If you're made mod then lurk for awhile and observe how other mods do business. Most of the higher-ups usually let things go around here, which is good IMO because there isn't really much that happens. But I know its stupid for me to even say anything so I'll just stop...
z50r-ghost
CB900F
CB900F

Post by z50r-ghost »

My 2 cents on Daywot:

Class act guy. i have done business with Patrick for about 13 years. -Hard to get ahold of, true, but Pat knows his stuff when it comes to scooters and parts. i have bought parts from him before and then changed my mind on a certain part, and he has always let me send it back, and swap it out / get cash bask for it. He is also great about finding a specific part. -He can get ANYTHING.

later, jon
.locked away in a cage my rage has got the best of me
time finds a way each day of leaving less of me behind.

>< Solitaire Unraveling ><
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45NfWSX-Vk
...my life story

1990HONDANS50F
jstone
Elite
Elite

Post by jstone »

I just seen the prices in another thread and *? The markup was only like 30 bucks, which seems VERY reasonable to me. If you want stuff cheap then become a dealer, otherwise get used to it.
novs86
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by novs86 »

jstone wrote:I just seen the prices in another thread and *? The markup was only like 30 bucks, which seems VERY reasonable to me. If you want stuff cheap then become a dealer, otherwise get used to it.
If you would have taken the time to read the thread you would have seen I never slammed daywot. :evil: :twisted:

It was a FYI only!! I clearly typed this even before I had all the facts about him being a distributer. Again ...Polini USA shouldn't send copys of daywats invoices in their box's that shows you paying more . Anyone out there is never happy about paying more than they need to if they know they can buy it for less ....period! I have bought over 15 items from him before and after this purchase. Him or anyone else.. it doesn't matter most people are always looking for the best possible price. This is why I created this thread.

"If you want stuff cheap then become a dealer, otherwise get used to it"

Who said anything about wanting stuff cheap!! Thanks for the uncalled for slam :twisted: Learn to read before typing a stupid reply like that.
Arnadanoob
Spree
Spree

Post by Arnadanoob »

Pat's a good guy to work with!
Reliable and dependable tuning from 15+ years of experience.
eclypse
Spree
Spree

Post by eclypse »

I've emailed him a couple of times about the keli variator he sells and never got a response from him. All i wanted to know is if it would work with my scoot and if it came with the ramp plate.
My original Honda 88 Elite SA50 LX Needs lots of love!
2001 Honda Elite SR All Black runing great!
Lunytune
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Lunytune »

I want to know how we're going to SENSOR him. That means to make sensitive to light, temperature, etc. to transmits a signal to a measuring or control instrument.

And why do we want to CENSOR him? For making a profit on his knowledge and service? He has the dealership for Polini, which some of us would not have discovered had it not been for Patrick. He has the only kit for an 89-93 Elite LX, that I know of, and although I did pay more than others pay for a DIO kit, he worked with me to make it right, and getting the gaskets right. The LX cylinder is an oddball.

On the other hand, I now have bbk from a different vendor (& different scooter) which will require machine shop modification to the head when the time comes to install it. By the time I get the machine work done, plus the running around I'll have to do to find a machine shop in backwoods Ozarks, I would have preferred something from Patrick. Patrick would have seen to it that the right head was included in the kit.
Friends don't let friends buy Chinese bikes