NASCAR

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

motormike

NASCAR

Post by motormike »

Having spent 33 years in Indy,.... :rock: ......the love of motorsports comes easy...... :geekdance: ......I lived only about 4 miles from Indianapolis Raceway Park, now Lucas Oil Raceway......then about 8 miles from IMS....."The Greatest Spectacle in Racing"......and high-bank dirt tracks in any direction within an hour or less drive......not my birth home, but only 19 when I landed and made friends who influenced me heavily......that's what I told the officer, anyway....BUT, let's talk Nascar

Kyle Bush wins everything,....or so it seems....I'm more interested in trucks and Nationwide cars than Sprint cup....I'll be going to truck race on July 22 here......Kentucky inaugural race was good in all series....Kyle won trucks, 3rd in Nationwide, won Sprint cup.......I wish Nascar would limit participation cross-series more than now allowed.....I like a lot of drivers, #14 car my fav, but I will give credit for skill to Rowdy, even though I would * in his hot-tub............ :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Re: NASCAR

Post by odinxxix »

i think with the new rule that you have to go for only one championchip title will limit some of them, but i agree pick a class and drive it. Kyle busch is a good driver, * ill give him, credit. my fav driver isnt doing so great, fell from 3rd in points to 7th, yep Dale Earnhardt Jr. I was in michigan when he won that race in 2008. oh did you see a while back joey lagono race in the arca series. thats like a MLB player playing in the AAA. :*: i havent missed many laps. while i like the new style racing i dont agree with the points deal.
1986 honda spree(silver fox)
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
2k grabber clutch springs
9:1 gears
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
motormike

Post by motormike »

Jr. ran in the top ten tonite when the left front exploded.....bet you would like to have this Longhorn tumbler for your frosty beverage....friend just gave me this.....somebody told him limited edition stuff....yeah, right, limited to 50 thousand......on to Indy next week....Nationwide cars are scheduled to run the brickyard in 2012....Points ????....I've never quite understood that anyway so I cant really comment....Logano in an ARCA car,...*, kyle is going to run a late model tomorrow in the Slinger....Ohio I think....thanx for the post............. :urban: mm
Attachments
DSC00564.JPG
DSC00564.JPG (163.74 KiB) Viewed 9465 times
DSC00567.JPG
DSC00567.JPG (165.04 KiB) Viewed 9465 times
RideRed
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

At one timer NASCAR was real great to watch because they were racing a car with an engine you could actually go out and buy. Now, they are totally pure race cars as complex and as expensive as Indy cars. Stock cars should be stock cars. I'll pass on today's NASCAR, thank you.
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
motormike

Post by motormike »

Yeah,...the transition to todays' cars has brought so much money into it, takes away some of the fun.....I cant stand the way they go overboard with all the sponsorship and advertising.....but, that's what we're left with......at least they dont have cars with horns, big arms, eyeballs and tongues hangin' out, yet.....monster trucks was at one time enjoyable.....not now unless you're 7.....or looney... :imo: ......sorry fans, ......for the best night at the track, give me some sprints or silver crown cars on a flat dirt half-mile....... :urban:
RideRed
Bear45-70
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Bear45-70 »

motormike wrote:Yeah,...the transition to todays' cars has brought so much money into it, takes away some of the fun.....I cant stand the way they go overboard with all the sponsorship and advertising.....but, that's what we're left with......at least they dont have cars with horns, big arms, eyeballs and tongues hangin' out, yet.....monster trucks was at one time enjoyable.....not now unless you're 7.....or looney... :imo: ......sorry fans, ......for the best night at the track, give me some sprints or silver crown cars on a flat dirt half-mile....... :urban:
+1 Or Hobby stockers
Bear 45/70

'83 Aero 80 X 3
'84 Aero 80 X 3

'85 Aero 80
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'84 Aero 125
'84 Aero 125 X 2
'85 Aero 50
'85 Spree
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

LOL motormike, i have on of those plus a couple others. im not old enuff to know any of the nascar from the 60's or 70;s thru late 80,s. i didnt start watching till 91. the win in jr is right around the corner i know it. the cars of now were ment to keep it competitive, ha so much for that, and be cheaper for them to make as they all look the same. i do see some of those "flash back" shows and i cant believe they were allowed to race converetables!! :surprise: i like the Nascar of today just wish JR would win some :rock:
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
motormike

Post by motormike »

Loudon this week....pole=#39......P2=#14.....that's a front row wont be too easy to get around..........TONY!!!
RideRed
motormike

Post by motormike »

So Kyle Bush holds off the field to win another NNWS race.....goody....At least the truck race had a field made up of truck racers, thanks to the Iowa location this week....congrats to Matt Crafton for pulling one off....I'll have to catch this race later in the week, busy tonite with a gathering of friends....then when I got home late, my house guest brings in a ladyfriend that spent 5 years working for NHRA and we had a good chat....seems her husband was the guy that had an affair with Shirley Muldowny and started a whole messy incident with Connie Kalitta....that was interesting......race-on........ :hi:
RideRed
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

should be a good race!, hopefully jr will get up front and contend for the win!! GO DALE JR! he needs a win so he can compete for the cup. and im tired of seening kyle busch in the winners circle. he is a good driver ill give him that.
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
motormike

Post by motormike »

Kyle Bush will have to watch this race from the hauler.....just blew the right front and tagged the wall hard....to the garage to see what broke...excuse me, I need to get a tissue.....65 laps in and it's #39 and #14 out front, still......... :geekdance: :geekdance: Junior will have to pull some pit magic to get up front now, he's back in 26th.....#24 Gordon looking good today,....too bad his battery is giving him trouble.....Finish with Newman, Stewart...1-2.....great day for Stewart-Haas racing....Junior had his moments, but i didn't see where he finished....I really think #24 Gordon would have won today if his battery problem hadn't taken him out of contention........ :hi:
RideRed
fastplastic
CB900F
CB900F

Post by fastplastic »

Nascar... one of my favorite things to watch... well till nextel and sprint got a hold of it.... i started watching when it was winston cup that when i loved it, now to important things... Love dale jr. HATE bush did anyone catch his brothers dui video Ha * * just like his little brother i have no use for those brothers being that * and being reckless on the track i lost all respect for him when he would throw his fits and start recking ppl.... he has skill but i think hes a *....
motormike

Post by motormike »

Hey fastplastic.....I thiink you have captured the spirit in which this thread was started....off subject now,--did anybody see the flight that Chad Reed took this weekend....no plane involved.......... :hi:
RideRed
odinxxix
CB900F
CB900F

Post by odinxxix »

thats was the motorcylce race right? i seen that guy fly, thought i was watching superman LOL! you know jeff gordon was the same way back in the day. i think busch bros took leasons from him. now if he would let someone else win once in a while. tune in for brickyard and the last race at oreily raceway for the nationwide seris.
BBK
85 head
SB50 intake
SB50 reeds
taz gears
2.75X10 tires
2000 honda elite S
prodigy vari
jdm tail lite
1982 suzuki FA50
motormike

Post by motormike »

I wont give Nascar any shet for moving the NNWS race to the brickyard.....it's a money decision.....and if I was racing in that series, I would be excited for the chance to run brickyard......however, the trucks and NNWS cars at ORP was always a fantastic race....I would drive the 300 miles to be there except for the high gas cost.....this Friday trucks are here in Nashville and I'm gonna go to my first race at this track.....pass on Saturday, only so much I can spend..... :urban:
RideRed