Just saying Hello

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

PRES 10
Noob
Noob

Just saying Hello

Post by PRES 10 »

Just thought I would say hello. I have been lurking on the sight for a week or two now, lots of great info here! I'm 26 and live in Michigan. I owned a spree for a few months but have recently sold it to my father to get an elite s! I cannot remember the year of the elite off the top of my head, but i know it is a SA50P with the AF16E. It has been de-restricted and is now running great after a very frustrating time finding it was way too lean (lean enough that it would bog after 1/4 throttle on the stand! We are soon going to be fixing/replacing the body panels. I haven't yet decided upon a color for it yet but am leaning to orange or possibly metallic silver.

One question that I do have is are longer trips ok for a de-restricted elite, lets say in the 20-30 mile range?

Thanks, Preston
GearNut
BMX
BMX

Re: Just saying Hello

Post by GearNut »

Welcome to the forum!
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

Welcome to the forums! :hi:
Did you fix your lean condition? If so, then your answer is...
Yes!
IMO A derestricted moped/scooter is actually a happier bike. ;)
and will be willing to just keep on going until it needs another tankful of gas!
Then the fun starts all over again! :mrgreen:

The restrictions were placed there to conform to the strict US guidelines of what a moped is required to do
(no faster than 25mph etc). In that respect, when you derestricted the bike, it's actually running how it was really designed to run. :thumbwink:

Happy and safe riding!
:coolcruise:
onna spree
Spree
Spree

Post by onna spree »

I painted my 92 sa50 with Krylon hammered silver (fusion for plastics)paint.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Rode with a 750 Honda tonight that had been painted with rattle-can metallic silver. Dupli-color I heard him say. But this was on metal tank. Just sayin', for rattle-can this paint looked gorgeous... :hi:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
PRES 10
Noob
Noob

Post by PRES 10 »

Yes we fixed the lean condition, but I believe we may be a bit too rich! I havent got enough time on it to tell. I'll keep the trips short for a while just to make sure I'm jetted properly.

My dad has used Krylon Fuzion (made for plastic) swith great success, so I will stick to this. If you take your time, prep and remove body pannels, it can turn out very nice.

Thanks, Preston