Hey Guys, Long time no see!! Whats up?

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Petrock's 1984 Spree
Elite
Elite

Hey Guys, Long time no see!! Whats up?

Post by Petrock's 1984 Spree »

Unfotunately all my moped work has been put to a stop due to back issues. Jeez I was here when there was only 3300 hundred people lol. Great job, glad so many are getting interested in their old mopeds!!:thumbsup:
In that absense I have picked up a new hobby now that I am 18.....GUNS :D

My First One: Mini 14
From stock with a Nikon M-223 2-8x32mm Scope on it...
First Pics 004 by jpetrak, on Flickr
To this...
-Trigger Job (traded my stock one for his 3.5lbs. one to sell his :rock: )
-Choate Handgaurd
-Front Bipod stud installed
-Home made cheek rest under the bandolier
-Mo-Reaper Muzzle Brake
DSCN0029 by jpetrak, on Flickr
Then came the Henry Frontier 22 S/L/LR Lever Action :D
-After market front and rear sights
-Weaver rail modified to fit for repeatable scope detachment&attachment if I so choose
DSCN0088 by jpetrak, on Flickr
Then came my Savage FVT Bolt Action 22LR. My dad gave me his old 308 bolt scope. Its a Nikon Monarch UCC 5.5-16x44mm AO and is a HECK OF A LOT BETTER QUALITY scope than ones I was going to get lol.
Stock...
Guns 063 by jpetrak, on Flickr
To...
-New scope mount and rings (used) from DNZ (medium) to lower scope hieght over the bore
-New metal trigger guard and bottom metal from DIP
-New stock from Richards Microfit (it needed quite a bit of work to fit the rifled action. Inlettling the new metals, making the barrel free float, making the rear site bracket available, sand, steel wool, 6 coats of finish, etc) Its a real looker now :2thumbs:
DSCN0130 by jpetrak, on Flickr
DSCN0127 by jpetrak, on Flickr
DSCN0133 by jpetrak, on Flickr
And finally, I saved the best for last. My Dad's HS graduation present to me.
Kimber Custom Carry II 45 ACP (I always would tell him how dinky his 9mm's are and how much better the 45 is at stopping power :lol:)
DSCN0095 by jpetrak, on Flickr
DSCN0096 by jpetrak, on Flickr

I am so lucky to have parents that will help pay for my hobbies due to my back problems. On the 24th of this month I'm finally (after 3 years) am getting a permenant fix. A fractured vertabrae is getting put back together and that vertabrae is being fused to the one below it. I'm so glad things are finally lining up.

Well, just wanted to say Hi to all that helped me through my Spree build and sorry I haven't been around.
Wish me luck guys!

Good to talk again everyone!

Regards,
Jacob
Complete NOOB, sorry dudes
1984 Iowa Spreedio aka "Hammy"
-72cc Polini Corsa
-V8 Typhoon Exhaust
-21mm OKO & CT Mani
-ZX Trans 1k Contra
-8.44:1 Gears
-Polini 2 Shoe Clutch
-Koso Vented Clutch Bell
-Polini Ruckus Vari w/ 6.9g weights
-669x18x30 Belt
Pancake Sauce
Goped
Goped

Re: Hey Guys, Long time no see!! Whats up?

Post by Pancake Sauce »

Nice guns. Back issues at 18? were you in a car accident or something?
'09 Honda Metropolitan
'83 Honda Aero 80
Petrock's 1984 Spree
Elite
Elite

Nah I wasn't.

Turns out its genetic, thanks mom :eyeroll:

I have a fractured vertabrae and that is genetic, but the pain isn't coming just from there.

So they are going to fix the fracture and fuse it to the vertabrae below it.

Hopefully that will give me my life back, because right now I cant walk 1/4 mile without pain on my meds.

Wish it had all turned out differently, but hey.........sh*t happens and I drew the short straw :woot:
-72cc Polini Corsa
-V8 Typhoon Exhaust
-21mm OKO & CT Mani
-ZX Trans 1k Contra
-Polini 2 Shoe Clutch
-Koso Vented Clutch Bell
-669x18x30 Belt
dogmir
Goped
Goped

Post by dogmir »

I feel for you. I had a vertebrae put back together 1.5 years ago. I had isthmic spondylolisthesis, which for those at home means the bulk of the vertebrae broke apart form the part that holds the spinal cord. Causing the jagged pieces to pinch a nerve. Sounds like you might have something similar. It sucks I had to step away from scooters for a bit too. Now I am back and restoring an Aero. I am so glad to be back. I won't lie you will feel like you got hit by a truck when you wake up, but it gets better a day at a time.
Pancake Sauce
Goped
Goped

Post by Pancake Sauce »

Wow what are the odds? My dad had that same problem pr a similar one. One of his legs suddenly quit working one day in his 30's and he said I should watch out cuz its genetic. I feel for you man.
'09 Honda Metropolitan
'83 Honda Aero 80
Petrock's 1984 Spree
Elite
Elite

Thanks guys.

Yeah i got the spondylosis or whatever too!! Along with some degeneritive disk disease possibly which doesn't sound too great.

I ain't a zombie yet guys though!! :peace:

I'll be back ;) at it after the surgery.

Hopefully the recovery time wont be too long, I'll be back tinkering on stuff sooner than I should be lol :2thumbs:

Thanks for all the support, it really means a lot :happy:
-72cc Polini Corsa
-V8 Typhoon Exhaust
-21mm OKO & CT Mani
-ZX Trans 1k Contra
-Polini 2 Shoe Clutch
-Koso Vented Clutch Bell
-669x18x30 Belt
Pancake Sauce
Goped
Goped

Post by Pancake Sauce »

Petrock's 1984 Spree wrote:Thanks guys.

Yeah i got the spondylosis or whatever too!! Along with some degeneritive disk disease possibly which doesn't sound too great.

I ain't a zombie yet guys though!! :peace:

I'll be back ;) at it after the surgery.

Hopefully the recovery time wont be too long, I'll be back tinkering on stuff sooner than I should be lol :2thumbs:

Thanks for all the support, it really means a lot :happy:
That's what my dad called it. Degenerative disc or something. He said his disc disintegrated and he has had a few surgeries on it. He has been on social security income since '97 or maybe earlier. You should apply for it if you have trouble working. He had to apply twice. Once in '92 and again in '97 i think. Second time worked. He was homeless at the time so they didn't find him til like 2005. He got like a $100,000 check and a few other big checks later. Now he gets about $800 a month.
'09 Honda Metropolitan
'83 Honda Aero 80
Petrock's 1984 Spree
Elite
Elite

Yeah, there is no way I can work.

But my plan was to go to the Univerty of Iowa for an engineering degree
Now that plan is either to miss the first semester of get a full on recovery and do a half first year at a communi college close to home.

We'll see what happens.

At 18 I didn't think you could get any SS??
-72cc Polini Corsa
-V8 Typhoon Exhaust
-21mm OKO & CT Mani
-ZX Trans 1k Contra
-Polini 2 Shoe Clutch
-Koso Vented Clutch Bell
-669x18x30 Belt
eliteguy50
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by eliteguy50 »

D to UI is a popular choice. You should call the U when selecting courses to check transfer equivalency. Ask "how/what" it will transfer as. All courses will transfer up to an hour limit but core requirements might not. EG. A history course at D might transfer as an elective instead of being the history core requirement that it satisfied at D.
motormike wrote:Errands become adventures.
Pancake Sauce
Goped
Goped

Post by Pancake Sauce »

Its not the thing for old people. Its the thing for disabled people. My dad was accepted when he was in his late 30's i think. Im pretty sure your age has no bearing on eligibility, just the degree of disability.

EDIT: this is the difference in the names of disability vs age incomes. -Social Security Disability Insurance. Supplemental Security Income.
'09 Honda Metropolitan
'83 Honda Aero 80
Petrock's 1984 Spree
Elite
Elite

eliteguy50 wrote:D to UI is a popular choice. You should call the U when selecting courses to check transfer equivalency. Ask "how/what" it will transfer as. All courses will transfer up to an hour limit but core requirements might not. EG. A history course at D might transfer as an elective instead of being the history core requirement that it satisfied at D.
Yeah I completely hear ya on that one.

In HS I already took two core classes of engineering and a third as an elective for 9 hours of credit. Hoping maybe to do calculus the second semester so I dont go into engineering classes blind only knowing advanced algebra :crazy: :smile:
Pancake Sauce wrote:Its not the thing for old people. Its the thing for disabled people. My dad was accepted when he was in his late 30's i think. Im pretty sure your age has no bearing on eligibility, just the degree of disability.

EDIT: this is the difference in the names of disability vs age incomes. -Social Security Disability Insurance. Supplemental Security Income.
Ah okay, I'll definately ask my parents if they have already covered that or not. Thanks for the heads up. that could really save is some serious money :rock:
-72cc Polini Corsa
-V8 Typhoon Exhaust
-21mm OKO & CT Mani
-ZX Trans 1k Contra
-Polini 2 Shoe Clutch
-Koso Vented Clutch Bell
-669x18x30 Belt