My first MOPED

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

My first MOPED

Post by martynkim »

Pedals and all it was free so I thought I might try to get it to run. Looks like a China copy Honda Hobbit?

Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
stucinthe80z
Spree
Spree

Re: My first MOPED

Post by stucinthe80z »

That is really nice i remember the mopeds when i was young and still lived i Germany .
Of course you know i like odd things . i am the proud owner of marty's new ride. ha ah
I picked it up this morning i was going to ask you if you could deliver it to me. but i did have to do at least one thing on it .Or for it and that was to pick it up you guys pretty much did it all.
i have had about one comment per mile now but thanks for the info the find and yes i am happy with it
by the way do you have a 90 jet that would fit zuphilius said he had one with mucked threads.
i want to pick up his leo vince pipe next week. i di not have it in my scooter buget this week if he does not sell it first.
any way nice moped
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

stucinthe80z wrote:That is really nice i remember the mopeds when i was young and still lived i Germany .
Of course you know i like odd things . i am the proud owner of marty's new ride. ha ah
I picked it up this morning i was going to ask you if you could deliver it to me. but i did have to do at least one thing on it .Or for it and that was to pick it up you guys pretty much did it all.
i have had about one comment per mile now but thanks for the info the find and yes i am happy with it
by the way do you have a 90 jet that would fit zuphilius said he had one with mucked threads.
i want to pick up his leo vince pipe next week. i di not have it in my scooter buget this week if he does not sell it first.
any way nice moped

I sold all my jets to bear. I would run an 85 anyway.
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

Please, keep us updated on this moped. :)
That is what it reminded me of right away (Honda Hobbit). :thumbwink:
GSX1400
Spree
Spree

Post by GSX1400 »

Was called Honda Camino over here.
motormike

Post by motormike »

...I've learned to appreciate mopeds since making friends who ride them. While riding motorcycles, I almost never saw them. Then transitioning to scooters, started noticing. Now, mopeds almost jump from the bushes and scream at me, "Hey, fatboy"...LIKE your Hobbitt clone, especially those awesome racks and buddy seat. Can you identify the manufacturer ?,...just curious...rock-on... :hi:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Dio89Elite
Elite
Elite

Post by Dio89Elite »

^^ ...that's because you were going too fast on your motorcycle! ;)
It's true though, you don't really see a particular make & model until you're exposed to it somehow (either you get one or someone you know has one) then you start noticing them. :surprise: :mrgreen:
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

motormike wrote:...I've learned to appreciate mopeds since making friends who ride them. While riding motorcycles, I almost never saw them. Then transitioning to scooters, started noticing. Now, mopeds almost jump from the bushes and scream at me, "Hey, fatboy"...LIKE your Hobbitt clone, especially those awesome racks and buddy seat. Can you identify the manufacturer ?,...just curious...rock-on... :hi:

I don't read chinese.
stucinthe80z
Spree
Spree

Post by stucinthe80z »

marty if you send me a pic of the name and the code tag. i can have wei translate it for you .
update on barbie that is what my mother calls it . well i replaced the drive belt with a chinese one bad move it shredded in 16 miles . i would like to say my spree is a lot more easy to push home. ha ha
i put the old bando back on it .the rollers were flat spoted very bad and i put the one i had that was 4.5 grams.
my top speed is only 35 so this weekend i have to find a new bando and some 9 grams also i need to still find a 90 jet the leo vince makes it very lean i hope to find a 39 mm socket
and change my clutch springs any ideas would be great thanks look forward to riding with you .
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

Here's some pictures to translate. However, while I was poking around taking pictures I found a secret compartment with a hand written Title application. It says that it is a Chong Qing.

zuphilius
Elite
Elite

Post by zuphilius »

At least you know it should go 50KPH according to the line on the speedo! :lol:
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

zuphilius wrote:At least you know it should go 50KPH according to the line on the speedo! :lol:

If it had a rocket booster! :crazy:
stucinthe80z
Spree
Spree

Post by stucinthe80z »

hello marty i sent what the pics to wei and she wil meet me online later and i will get back but she did say that the largest manufacter next to sym which make the honda moters it[ people] i will get back to you with what i find out
stucinthe80z
Spree
Spree

Post by stucinthe80z »

is a chong qing. a state owned company. it was produced in the city which the name bears.it is a very large city southwest China and is used to transport people today she has a nephew who owns one
motormike

Post by motormike »

Chun King = Great Egg Rolls too...... :bowrofl:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"