Moderators Locking Subjects

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Moderators Locking Subjects

Post by martynkim »

This was wrong.... Due to this subject, I too have stayed away. This site has been great however, It takes people like Bear to keep a site like this going. http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =6&t=26436

I'm certain this post too will be locked soon. I suppose it is back over to another forum then.
Last edited by martynkim on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Re: Moderators Locking Subjects

Post by swimmingfree »

i feel bear is a bully do i miss him yes but he has a problem calling people names ...if i was to use the N word i wood be band but calling some stupid is ok?????? will not in my book!!!!
yes he has a lot of info but the BULL is not worth it ...
swimmingfree

ps
i some want me to call them name please let me know....lol
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
martynkim
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by martynkim »

swimmingfree wrote:i feel bear is a bully do i miss him yes but he has a problem calling people names ...if i was to use the N word i wood be band but calling some stupid is ok?????? will not in my book!!!!
yes he has a lot of info but the BULL is not worth it ...
swimmingfree

ps
i some want me to call them name please let me know....lol

Wearing your feelings on your shirt sleeve will surely get you hurt. If you met him (Like I have) You would know he's actually a considerate person. Just does not tolerate stupidity.

This post isn't about Bear specifically. It is about posts being locked due to the potential DRAMA. However, it makes it interesting worth coming to see. Just like the popularity of reality shows.
Need parts? Parting out Spree Aero and Elite!
What people share about buying from me http://www.hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewto ... =1&t=15559
PM me with your needs Cheap Parts
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

lets wait a minuet, i asked for it to be unblocked. i think it will be. but if we are trying to have an honest productive discussion i think we all need to put our mature hats on or else it will just get blocked again
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
swimmingfree
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by swimmingfree »

what ever he ack like face to face is not the point its the face he show on here .. i have got on s--- list on here by noiseguy because of bear ... if a person ack so nice in person and call lots of People names like stupid and dum a.ss. as well as other names then i wood say hes a trol...
if you a friend of bear and talk to him ..ill bet hes not on here because he got a short band and is p.i.s.s and wont come back ... calling some one who is dyslexia stupid is like calling someone the N word that is black ... frankly if he came back good if he dont good .. i try to respect all on this form ..
swimmingfree
ps
ill bet he come on here and reads the form
handicap (dyslexia)
looking for
se50 crank...

SpreJunk 87elite in a spree body
ruckus variator , 3.5 tire , 1500 drive face spring , a 64 bbk ,
8 gram rollers, stock carb , after market air filter and 105 jet
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

as someone who is dyslexic I really wouldn't mind being called stupid in exchange for free information. although I did request to know what the conversation was the fair had that meeting leave no one can seem to let me see it I mean maybe I'm completely in the wrong here if he says really messed up stuff. an d I think its a good example of maybe starting a broader conversation about how we should maybe tolerate a little more crass behavior. if one person get their feelings hurt should we all have to suffer. I didn't even know people on this board knew what trolls on a board were, really don't think that bear is a good example of a troll. Mad dog maybe (but I like him). but again tbear is the specific issue censorship is the bigger issue and dwindling of resources is the fear
84 Aero af05e Ruckus variator, rear metro wheel, Leovince pipe ( work in process... porting , nh80 reeds intake carb)
paulpauly7
CB900F
CB900F

Post by paulpauly7 »

hes gone now so get over it
86 Nifty Fifty (spree)
ZX disk brake
Kitico 120kmh speedo
AF18 ZX ported
Polini corsa
Malossi crank
CTmani
24mmOKO
40pilot118main
Scorpion pipe
8.44 to 1
Michelin s1
71.3mph
92 yz125, 94 crm250
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

and the voice of many was silenced by one.

censorship is blindness
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

I'm sure bear received MANY warnings on here before any actions were taken (IF any were actually taken). He would go off on someone for being wrong, but when he was the one making a mistake (yes, he wasn't infallible) good luck trying to get the point across to him. And god forbid you disagree with one of his opinions! (political or otherwise)

I have no problems with how this board is or has been moderated. They have dealt with some total crazies (trains420 anyone? lol) in an appropriate manner and have also dealt with abrasive, but sane, members like bear and maddog (I'm sure they love being mentioned in the same sentence! lol) using appropriately tempered methods.

In any event it certainly sounds like bear is free to post here as he wishes, and I personally wouldn't feel strongly one way or the other if he were to resume. He does enjoy these old hondas like the rest of us, and does know quite a bit while also having the time to frequent this board and help those who possess thick skin.

It does get a little annoying when people start acting like he's the only one on this board they knew his stuff though. I remember one thread where some noob dismissed my advice about what to do with his non-starting spree by specifically asking for bear. Guess what I told him to do? Thats right, clean the carb. Guess what bear told him to do? Same as me. At which point magically the noob mustered the inner strength to clean the carb correctly and fix his scooter. Threads like this play into this type of thinking in my opinion. There's tons of people on here who know their stuff and can help with pretty much anything, so lets not deify the old man in Washington just yet.
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

so its been made clear that this fourm does not embrace democratic values ( and thats okay), but they dont really edit us, and they havent locked this post, ( thank you)

as i was searching around i found these two back ground stories.

kind of made me see the other side of the story ( not like anyone cares lol)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20408&hilit=bear+dyslexia

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=20635&p=179130&hili ... ia#p179130
devenex
Elite
Elite

Post by devenex »

You can also look up some of the stuff Bear said after the Christchurch NZ earthquake in 2011 if you feel like reading more 'history'.
1986 Spree w/ '87 SE50 motor
1985 Aero 50 w/ Dio motor: On Hold
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

oooooo la la totaly will do thanks. if you want to post a link for lazy ol me that be cool to. but by the time you read this... il probably have already found it.

devenex: kind of off topic but.... i cant get my weiner dog to stay in my scooter basket. is your dog down for scooter rides?
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Bungee him down if you get him in there, my piaggio has a "no pets" warning sticker.
mmeadows
Elite
Elite

Post by mmeadows »

dw is far to cool to be seen with a bungee....

is it a stock no pets sign? that might be worth buying. one of the scoots a dragged home the other day has a 2nd hand sticker on it that says

" this machine contains no cash value"
LMH
Board Supporter
Board Supporter

Post by LMH »

Last edited by LMH on Fri May 31, 2013 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.