New to me CB125s

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Re: New to me CB125s

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

"Muriatic" is the term used for most commercially-marketed HCl. Found in swimming pool supply stores, I'm pretty sure that's what's in Step 1 Kreme and similar commercial tank rehab products. Step 2 is some kind of chemically-bonded coating that supposedly prevents recurrent rust. It's also where a lot of people go wrong if they don't follow the "rinse" instructions properly. All of it is really nasty, as in rubber gloves, eye shields and face mask nasty. I'm not so sure it works better than just vinegar or lemon juice and it sure is more unpleasant and expensive. And dangerous. Apple cider? Pshaw, you simply must use Balsamic.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
DeathByFox
Spree
Spree

Post by DeathByFox »

yeah ive got a month before the big ride im getting it ready for. But im defenitley going the least caustic route. Thanks for your helpful responses . Ive always loved reading about the craziness that is your flash scoots.
Bright lights put me in a dance But it aint house music makes me wanna dance
motormike

Post by motormike »

Have you made any progress on this bike DeathByFox ??
:hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :urban:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
DeathByFox
Spree
Spree

Post by DeathByFox »

yes motormike I have...it doesn't run...and theres no spark..i cleaned the carb and changed the oil....how do I find where the spark stops on an old points ignition. also looks like I get to miss mods v rockers again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bright lights put me in a dance But it aint house music makes me wanna dance