Trolls

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

Wheelman-111

Trolls

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

Recently the Forum was beset by an individual with an easily-recognized prose style, limited ability of expression clarity, and a short fuse to pointless Pugnacity. The user kept coming back, using different user names and a couple of different IP addresses. This user had to be banned three times in one evening for posts that brought nothing to the Forum except accusations with no basis that I could identify. The whole debacle got me to Thinking. (Yikes!)

I mean, it's a lot of trouble just to create a new username and sign up. What makes a feller/gal go to all that trouble, especially knowing how easy it is to delete the account yet again? Is it possible that the individual's behavior is just a wish for Validation? If so, why not simply limit posts to short, content-filled messages that get to the Point? Respect must be earned, not demanded. Why go after other members who to the best of my knowledge only want to enhance the Scooting experience of those less-knowledgeable? What is gained by threats of legal action?! I pity the lawyer who'd take this user on as a client, and I don't pity lawyers much.

I'm no Psychiatrist, but something just ain't healthy here. As far as the Forum, Please be advised that in the future the responder to an obvious Troll will be identified as part of the problem, even if the responder didn't "start it". Consequences will vary with the perceived severity of the offense. Sometimes, the best response is just not to respond. The Forum has a Foes button that will make the Troll's posts invisible. This may reduce the temptation to add to the problem. Think it over.
Wheelman-111
Most of my money is spent on scooterparts. The rest is just wasted.
"ISO": '03 Vespa ET4 Malossi187 74MPH
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
Punkin: 2010 Vespa/Malossi S78, 61MPH
motormike

Re: Trolls

Post by motormike »

TEN THOUSAND..... :worship:
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
TinyElvis
Spree
Spree

Post by TinyElvis »

Great! Nice reminder about the Foes button. I was also Reporting this Post with that button (not sure if that's helpful).
Honda DIO 3 ZX Live, Malossi, WindJammah!
Rip_City_Spree
CB900F
CB900F

Post by Rip_City_Spree »

Hard not to defend your livelihood. Most of the times just ignore the trolls but I can only read the garbage for so long. If you FOE him then you can't see the crap that person is saying about you or someone else.
01 Elite SR
polini corsa
Polini 26mm Carb
Naraku intake
Naraku sport variator
Currently 5g rollers
zx trans
Arrow
red contra with yellow clutch springs.
RIP CITY
RIP NO MERCY KERSEY
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

I find it funny to have to defend my defensiveness.
I'm only standing up for what I won't fall for, these "trolls" are spreading misinformation and are going to end up getting some new person all turned around and waste their time and/or money.
I find it more interesting that these people are allowed to continue coming back.
Today I saw 2 members from the board and helped them both. Which is only the tip of my iceberg known as "help-a-good-person-even-if-its-states-away-on-your-limited-time-off-berg".
Furthermore, there are people like myself who spend their precious time helping the willing and enjoy doing so. Mean while, heinous minded children, like idrancer and maddog, are allowed to interrupt the adults and get away with it.
At this point anyone who needs to contact me has my number and are free to do so. If idrancer is allowed to show up again I'm done. That worthless ape idrancer has accused me of hacking his ebay account on his website he created. I will not, can not, sit by idle with these accusations. f*** that.
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The Owner and Mods can't and will not sterilize the content 24/7. You can click Report so we see the problem when we go online.
Wheelman-111
Flash 9: 2001 Elite SR Contesta 72 ZX Tran, 9:1 Gears, Stock Airbox/Carb/Pipe 58.8 MPH
bonesv

Post by bonesv »

Wheelman-111 wrote:Greetings:

The Owner and Mods can't and will not sterilize the content 24/7. You can click Report so we see the problem when we go online.
Where is this "Report" button which you speak of?
Honda Elite SR
Honda Elite-Dio ZX

Dio ZX Headlight/Disc Brake Mod: http://hondaspree.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=30861
Wheelman-111

Post by Wheelman-111 »

Greetings:

The exclamation point down there on the right.
Wheelman-111
Johnniespeed
Elite
Elite

Post by Johnniespeed »

Wow, I never knew about the exclamation point/ report button.
1984 Aero 125 57 mph for sale.

Elite 150 64 mph for sale.

Elite 250 77 mph. for sale.

Red Honda Grom, modded to 250cc, 87 mph.

GSXR 1000 168 mph. My new favorite, scooters seems way too slow now.