My knee

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

johnny248
Elite
Elite

My knee

Post by johnny248 »

I guess this is as good a time as ever to have season ending surgery. On Monday I had knee surgery to correct some damage that occurred. The surgeon had to cut out and remove a portion of my lateral (outer side) meniscus which I had previously torn and had repaired a couple of years ago. It was torn again and this time they had to actually cut the torn piece out because it was too damaged, and had been stitched before. I was also having pain on the inner side but couldn't see anything definitive on the MRI. So, while in my knee it turns out that the medial (inner side) meniscus was also torn, so they ended up repairing that also while inside.

So now here I am with a part of my knee missing, and another part repaired. Lol awesome. Anyway , at least I get to miss some work, and hopefully this will be the last time I will have to deal with it.

Just thought I'd throw a picture of the sweet liquid cooled ice pack setup I have, along with a picture of electrical stimulators and an ice bag stuck to my knee at PT.

Good stuff to keep me busy while it is too cold to ride.

..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Re: My knee

Post by 1man8scoots »

Oh man, it's 430 am and my knee wakes me up all the time. 3 1/2 years ago I destroyed my tibia plateau, fibia, miniscule and knee cap. 2 surgeries later I'm still in pain but can walk normal most days. It's the nights that hurt and annoy.
I hope for a speedy recovery for you!
Your engines about to be pulled out and prepped for tomorrow to check spec on run out. Cylinders coming off this early morning unless I can go back to sleep!
johnny248
Elite
Elite

Post by johnny248 »

Thanks! Knee problems are the worst. You take for granted your body just working properly until you have a real injury. What did you do to cause all of that damage? I'm just glad I didn't have any acl or mcl issues with it.

Awesome! Can't wait to have that engine going, even if it I can't ride it lol
..:ÔÇó┬░ 1994 HONDA ELiTE S SA50P - Original Owner ┬░ÔÇó:..
~UNDER CONSTRUCTiON~
1man8scoots
CB900F
CB900F

Post by 1man8scoots »

Scooter accident, had a lady pull into my lane and slam on the brakes to turn. She stopped quicker than I did. I still have the engine from the bike. I tore some other stuff but it healed on its own. They did some clean up of the other parts in there while they were in there too.
I'll fog your engine after its done so it will stay nice and lubed until you can get it back on a frame and running.