Know anything about a scooter from "MSL"?

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

GIJoeBob
Elite
Elite

Know anything about a scooter from "MSL"?

Post by GIJoeBob »

I have an opportunity to buy a new 150cc 4 stroke scooter from a local guy at a pretty good markdown from MSRP and I was wondering if anyone out there knew anything about scooters from MSL ( Maharashtra Scooters Ltd). The bike in question is the 2006 150cc Adventure.

Pygmaelion
Goped
Goped

Post by Pygmaelion »

A quick glance at that makes me think "GY6 engine"... So it's a vento/sunl/sunflower/everyone and thier mother in China makes this scoot kinda thing.

There are plenty of people rolling around on these. They tend to be inexpensive. If they're put together correctly, they're great, but hang around in some of the Vento/Matrix/GY6 clone forums in yahoo groups, and you can find out how bad it can go.

The biggest complaint I've heard, is that it's tough to get parts,even if the warranty states "3 years on all components"... You may wait a year and a half of that three waiting for whatever it is.

Enough of these have been sold (or ones very similar) that you can't go too wrong for the price. Just make sure you understand exactly how much support you're going to get on that machine before you buy it. If you can live with that answer, go for it.