R/C anyone?

Want to discuss non-Honda scooter related items? Post them here.

Moderator: Moderator

chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

R/C anyone?

Post by chevyguyjay »

well, these bring back some good memories when i was a kid. my daughter likes them as well. all these cars were made in the 80's. im looking for parts for my turbo outlaw. if anyone has anything, or knows someone that has something, let me know. i thought for sure there would be a site that i could find replacement parts. no such luck that im aware of. anyone remember the tyco turbo outlaw, and the turbo hopper? lol gotta love the oldies. 8)
~2004 Geely Fashion~
scooterwerx
Elite
Elite

Post by scooterwerx »

badasss! used to have those, they were destroyed. gotta love the turbo hopper
Dac
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by Dac »

my cousin use to have some like that when i was a kid. He use to race them around my grandmas yard and i was always amazed at how quick they where.
I always wanted one... :lol:

good memory's, thats for sure.
"Its not what you ride, its that you ride"
1996--------Honda Elite S-
1991--------Tomos Targa-
And a Bunch of other bikes.
veedubh20
CB900F
CB900F

Post by veedubh20 »

ALOW1
Elite
Elite

Post by ALOW1 »

The first one, the Radio Shack, that was a copy of one that Nikko made. I had Nikko's version.

The next one was Nikko's version of Tyco's Turbo hopper. I do not recall what it was called. I had that one too.

The Turbo Outlaw I remember a friend owning one. The Turbo Hopper I owned one of those.

I passed up a Turbo Hopper at Goodwill about a week or so ago, was in nice shape but no remote.

Those do bring back memories, I had lots of RC stuff growing up.

I still have a MRC Tamiya Lunchbox, a Blackfoot, a Kyosho Raider, and a Traxxas Hawk packed away. I also have a nitro boat, a sailplane, and a old Chipmunk plane.

I sold my 1/8 Nitro cars last summer.

If i see a Nitro Outlaw anywhere Jay I will try to pick it up for you. I'm one of those guys that most people consider a junk collector, I pack away almost everything. I have been a dealer of antiques and collectibles for several years and hit the thrift stores a few times each week.

I will keep my eyes open for you bro.
dgsoles
Spree
Spree

Post by dgsoles »

I used to be into building my own R/C cars (now I'm into R/C airplanes). Most things you can pick up yourself (speed control, receiver, motor), unless you're dead-set on them being originals....
1986 Honda Spree - Running amazing.....body work still needs to be done, but that's a Spring job.
twist
Goped
Goped

Post by twist »

holy crap! I used to have the Turbo Hopper! I remember the battery didn't last too long and took forever to charge. Fun stuff though. :)
chevyguyjay
CB900F
CB900F

Post by chevyguyjay »

~2004 Geely Fashion~
steffen707
Elite
Elite

Post by steffen707 »

I had some kind of nikko RC. It was awesome, till I broke an A-arm from driving it down a set of stairs. Nikko said they didn't have any replacement parts. :(

I've still got it somewhere.
87 Honda Spree,
XX Yamaha YSR50
92 Yamaha Jog -> Stock.
05 Kymco Super 9-> My cruiser
xx Honda Gyro -> Man I gotta fix that.
98 Honda Elite S -> corsa, pg long, 24mm oko, ct chrome, ZX trans w/ ruckus variator, trailtech vapor gauges
Kenny_McCormic
CBR1000RR
CBR1000RR

Post by Kenny_McCormic »

My dad has something like that and a cox nitromethane glow motor dragster boxed up somewhere.
I am not a mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. Actually my advice is probably worth slightly less than what you pay to view it.
mousewheels
Veteran OG
Veteran OG

Post by mousewheels »

Picked up this Associated RC10 a couple years back. Don't know how old it is but could be back in the '80's like your's. Its got a lot of suspension adjustments. If parts could be adapted to fit yours, eBay has RC10 items.