FA50 Battery install

Need help with your non-Honda scooter? Yamaha, etc? Post here!

Moderator: Moderator

Afn47594
BMX
BMX

FA50 Battery install

Post by Afn47594 »

I installed a new battery in my FA50. Before kick starting it I turned the ignition key to the run position. I was expecting to see the front and rear lights to turn on. Neither turned on, nor did the horn work. I connected the battery to the red and black wires. Of course when I kick start the motor on all lights and horn work no problem. I assumed all lights would turn on without the engine running. Am I right or wrong.
motormike

Re: FA50 Battery install

Post by motormike »

As for most little bikes, only the tail light will turn on when key is switched to "ON" position.
Horn, headlight, blinkers, dash lights etc. will only work when engine is running.
There may be a light on your dash to indicate the oil tank level. In such a case, it will usually flash on when key is switched on as a bulb test.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"
Afn47594
BMX
BMX

Post by Afn47594 »

The tail light does not work when the key is switched to the on position. Only when the engine runs. I even topped off the new battery after filling it with acid.
motormike

Post by motormike »

Afn47594 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:16 pm I even topped off the new battery after filling it with acid.
Do Not Overfill ! ! ....ONLY fill to the maximum fill line. Batteries must have room to allow for expansion of the acid.
VERY important to have the overflow tube in position too.
RideRed
<Gyro S><MB5><Honda Navi><Helix><Sym Wolf><Yamaha Razz><Honda CH150 Deluxe>
"Live Large - Ride Small"